Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

164 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Moose Z900R "trouble" light  (Read 5174 times)

suekhayes

• View Profile
Moose Z900R "trouble" light
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »
We accidentally set off the alarm this morning.  I shut it off, and a few minutes later I heard a beeping noise coming from the alarm.  I put the code in again and the beeping noise stopped, but now the "trouble" alarm is on and we can't figure out how to get it off - any help would be appreciated.

ddawatson

• View Profile
Re: Moose Z900R "trouble" light
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
I am an owner of this system and a the only way to reset this trouble light is for me to perform the following:

1.) Disconnect the battery backup
2.) Shut down the power to entire house by master switch on fuse box.
3.) Wait a few seconds, then bring up power on fuse box.
4.) Reconnect the battery backup.

I know this may sound extreme -- but the reset button command does not clear the panel "trouble" light every time.

Good luck.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: Moose Z900R "trouble" light
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
posting in a three-year-old thread will not yield many responses.  the only way for the trouble light to go out is for the trouble condition to go away.  there is no "reset".  press and hold the 2 key for a few seconds until the keypad beeps, let us know which zone LED is on.  probably a low battery or communication failure.  are you monitored?  did you cancel phone service, cancel monitoring, anything like that?  These old Moose panels don't do automatic battery testing (only shows and reports low battery when AC power is lost and the battery dies down) so it's probably a communication issue.  If so, disabling the dialer is pretty simple.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.