Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

153 Guests, 1 User
EdLank

Author Topic: LifeAct Guardian Angel  (Read 23914 times)

arthurb999

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
LifeAct Guardian Angel
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1620

Anyone have any experience with this unit.  I was thinking about getting a few for my house, car, wife, etc.  What do you all think?

Arthur

rubber_duckie

• View Profile
Re: LifeAct Guardian Angel
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »
You posted this a month ago, but I'm new.   ;D

There was a horrific home invasion two towns over less than a year ago.  My father immediately bought me a LifeAct Guardian Angel because at the time my husband often worked late nights and I'd walk our dog alone after dark.   On one occasion I was approached by a group of youths on a dark stretch of our road and felt so threatened by their actions that the dog and I literally sprinted home.   We live in a quiet residential neighborhood and with the home invasion nearby on top of being approached like that, I was worried for my safety.   It seems like even a decent neighborhood isn't safe anymore.    Our dog is a friendly beagle mix and certainly isn't much of a deterrant.

There's a trigger guard and it can withstand being dropped from chest height without going off accidentally.   I was worried at first that I'd accidentally discharge it but it's designed to prevent that.

I really like the Guardian Angel...it clips easily to my pants pocket, within easy reach while walking the dog.  I like that it offers two sprays (although "spray" is not the best term when it disperses at 90 MPH!).   An attacker would have virtually no time to evade the shot.   

I've watched the instructional video online several times and read the directions thoroughly.   It seems pretty easy and the stance they recommend is supposed to ensure that you aim at an attacker's face.    You "frame" the face with your non-GuardianAngel hand and then bring the unit up to meet the other hand's thumb.   Very easy and intuitive.

DarrylR

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
What I really like about this unit is the lower possibility of blowback. Blowback is a serious deal, I would hate for anyone to purchase a self-defense item and end up doing more damage to themselves than the attacker.

Johnsweet

• View Profile
    • alabama criminal attorney
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:30 AM »
It is a more advanced unit of early pepper spray. Its contains two powerful blasts of near pharmaceutical grade oleoresin capsicum, a devastatingly effective inflammatory agent. Each blast shoots using a pyrotechnic drive making it very easy to hit your target.

It can b effectively use up to 13 feet. It has a 90 mile-per-hour discharge which travels too fast for an aggressor to avoid. The blast will shoot through clothing, a mask, and around glasses causing the eyes and nasal passages to shut immediately.

The attacker will experience a painful burning sensation which can last up to 45 minutes, giving you enough time to get away.

garya505

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
This sounds like it would be great for me when riding my bike.  I have pepper spray and always check the wind to know where I need to be to avoid getting "blowback" if I need to use it (on a dog or human). 

NotEnoughTime

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Kimber JPX JetProtector is another very good pepper/mace gun.

david1987

• View Profile
    • Insurance surveillance
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 01:35:34 AM »
I never use or know about Kimber JPX Jet Protector but I used Guardian Angel, very good techniques are used here. I am pleased with it.

garya505

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »
I never use or know about Kimber JPX Jet Protector but I used Guardian Angel, very good techniques are used here. I am pleased with it.

What/who did you use it on?