Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

119 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Need DSC 1832 Help  (Read 27476 times)

ColoradoSpringsAlarm

• Security Guru
  • ColoradoSpringsAlarm@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Security Systems
Re: Need DCS 1832 Help
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »
Any one that needs help programing the 1832 panel. I can program those by phone line if you are using a Plain old telephone line or can get one to the panel.

Roger

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:54:42 AM by admin »
http://ColoradoSpringsAlarm.net

Self Monitoring with Alarm.com $12.75/Basic Interactive
Professional Monitoring with Copsmonitoring.com

NICET Level III

hoserama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »
I am at wits end with this. Does anybody have any other ideas with connecting my laptop to my DC1832 via DLS 5?

My system: DSC 1834 v4.5, PK5008. Its a new system, installed by a professional in my new house several months ago. I had to reset since they wouldn't part with the installed code and I wanted to set it up with Invisalink and more sensors. Luckily, it wasn't locked so the restore to default went fine.

Now I am having problems getting my laptop to communicate to the DSC1834.

I tried the obvious found in other threads, such as:

* 8 [installer code] 499 [installer code] 499

I tried setting up the keypad per the manual which worked successfully. I would always program it via the keypad but find this more difficult.

I am trying to connect with a laptop via the recommended Keyspan USB -> serial and PCLink cable.

I have the modem configured correctly and when test through DLS 5 it says it tested successfully.

The program begins when I try to upload/download, it never makes the connection. It tells me its waiting for completion but never begins.

I have tried unplugging and plugging in the 4pin connect for the PCLink when the connect screen comes up but have not had any success with this.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

hoserama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
I am at wits end with this. Does anybody have any other ideas with connecting my laptop to my DC1832 via DLS 5?

My system: DSC 1834 v4.5, PK5008. Its a new system, installed by a professional in my new house several months ago. I had to reset since they wouldn't part with the installed code and I wanted to set it up with Invisalink and more sensors. Luckily, it wasn't locked so the restore to default went fine.

Now I am having problems getting my laptop to communicate to the DSC1834.

I tried the obvious found in other threads, such as:

* 8 [installer code] 499 [installer code] 499

I tried setting up the keypad per the manual which worked successfully. I would always program it via the keypad but find this more difficult.

I am trying to connect with a laptop via the recommended Keyspan USB -> serial and PCLink cable.

I have the modem configured correctly and when test through DLS 5 it says it tested successfully.

The program begins when I try to upload/download, it never makes the connection. It tells me its waiting for completion but never begins.

I have tried unplugging and plugging in the 4pin connect for the PCLink when the connect screen comes up but have not had any success with this.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Disregard.. Although I did not get the laptop connected, I decided to attempt programing via the keypad. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was. Thanks for all the good reading materials here.

mark123

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Hey All,

Nice to see a recent post here.I'm about to install a DSC 1832 with two pk5501 keypads,3 door contacts and 1 motion sensor,should be a walk in the park,right? I have a few questions,as I'm about to begin,hope you can help.

1)Small system ,so I guess I can just use a "global" partition ?

2) I'm installing this system without resistors,so that means no resistors anywhere ,including at the keypads ,eventhough they  will be used as zones,correct?

3) Wiring , I'm using keypad 1 for zone 1(front door contact with a delay) and keypad 2 for zone 4(rear door contact with a delay),zone 1 and zone 4 must remain empty on the panel so I just wire both keypads to RED,BLACK,YELLOW and GREEN on the panel? ,and then program each keypad to their zones? (OUCH ,hope that doesn't sound too OFF)

4) zone 2 I will be wiring to a motion sensor that is near the front door,this will also need a delay,correct?
I'm sure I will have many more questions but I didn't want this task to seem so daunting !!

Thanks in advance,
Mark

tvtech

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »
To Mark. It's ok not to use resistors, but they do make the system more supervised when installed at the switch side. You can have the keypads work different zones but you program them on different partitions. It's like having two alarm systems for the price of one. They would work independently of one another. Not typical in a small house. Your entry door would be programed as an 01 (delay) and the PIR motion would be programmed as an 04 or 05. I use 05, the home away type. When you trigger the delay zone, the motion goes into delay automatically. When you arm the system and stay home, the motion are automatically bypassed. Why do you want the keypads to work separate zones? Just program the entry doors as 01 (delay zones) Keep everything on partition 1 (how it comes from the factory).
Certified electronic technician 1969-2018 Self employed service dealer. Retired

Ilikefire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 08:19:34 PM »
to Horseman ,
make sure the pclink is connect correctly on board , phone jack needs to be on top side.
in section 382 make sure 5 is off.

Joe_Fla Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »
To hoserama,
sounds like you are trying to connect directly to panel with the modem. You only need the pc link and the keyspan to do that. Then in dls5 connect window you need to choose pclink to connect.

scorp508

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
I know this a very old post, but if you are downloading/uploading from a laptop, once you see the connection prompt, just unplug the 4 pin interface jack from the panel and plug it right back in and it will connect to the laptop without having to do the 499 thing... this helps when you are in the basement with the laptop and the keypad is upstairs. Of course the best thing to do is have a spare or utility KP at the panel just for programming. I keep an extra KP just for this.
This works on the 1832 panels not the older ones.

Are you unplugging the entire PC-Link module from the panel and plugging it back in, or just removing the RJ-11 plug (leaving the PC-Link itself connected) and plugging the RJ-11 back into the module?

scorp508

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »
to Horseman ,
make sure the pclink is connect correctly on board , phone jack needs to be on top side.
in section 382 make sure 5 is off.

I recently discovered with my brand new PC-Link kit from DSC the cable included was a straight-through and it should have been a crossover. In my case with a PC1864 this meant the RJ-11 jack had to be on the bottom for DLS to function with the straight-through cable.

Check your cable ends. One of them should have the wire order reversed from the other end if the cable is correct.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:05:03 PM by scorp508 »