Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

154 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Flashlight Forum  (Read 6737 times)

swamper

• View Profile
Flashlight Forum
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:37:57 AM »
While there are a lot of reasons to 'not' deploy a flashlight or spotlight in self defense that one should research thoroughly...the following is a great forum for all issues light (even battery) related.

With the new 4 die LEDs out this year (P7, MCE, etc.) and single powerful LEDs becomming even less expensive in all battery configurations...one can really put a powerful tool in their hand while still powering it off of standard batteries: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=229296  :o

Check out the MarketPlace and HID forum as well (I'm looking at the Stanley HID as a low level entry toy): http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=225844

johnhood

• View Profile
    • Color Security Camera
Re: Flashlight Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:41:26 AM »
Awesome information in this url and i am sure people would like to recommend it.

camar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I will surly visit it.

CamelBurger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
Opinions about self-defense are like [insert bodily orifice here], everybody has one. Here is mine on the topic of flashlights and self-defense.

A flashlight is a tool used to shed light on a darkened environment, right?

Wrong. A flashlight is a device used to extend the attack range of the wielder. It is a bludgeoning, blinding, tactical weapon that with a little training can save your life. You can carry a flashlight almost anywhere including airplanes (rules subject to change) and they do not raise eyebrows if you have one on your person. Having a flashlight in your car, on your nightstand and in your pocket would not be considered a threat by most people.

Of course the appropriate flashlight for self-defense must be selected. The use of plastic or other inexpensive flashlights would not be advised. A sturdy metal flashlight with a very bright bulb is recommended.

Selecting the right flashlight for you is like selecting a firearm.  I like the larger 2 and 3 D-cell flashlights for my cars and small tactical flashlights for my nightstand (I also have tactical flashlights on some of my firearms).

If you do not have any training on using a striking weapon; I would recommend that you seek out a “professional” for some help.  This does not mean that you need expensive classes; there are many combat soldiers, police officers and martial arts enthusiasts that could give you advice.

pricephister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
zombie thread!

CamelBurger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
Huh? I don't get it. Spelling error perhaps?

zoltare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:25:11 AM »
as a former police officer, all I can say is that the human body maks for an excellant target. NOT THE HEAD!!! break his head and you might go to prison and he goes home, break any other bone and he goes to jail and you go home.