Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

148 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: home safes  (Read 11141 times)

melvinderby

• View Profile
Re: home safes
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 05:32:22 AM »
I would not recommend keeping a safe in your Home. It's better to have security cameras installed.It's much safer and a much better option.

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
I would not recommend keeping a safe in your Home. It's better to have security cameras installed.It's much safer and a much better option.

Right, if you install a security camera and means to record, you'll always have a record of masked men hauling off your valuables, to remember your valuables by and to show the insurance company. It's significant that NO insurance company gives a discount for having cameras & recording in the house.

A -good- alarm system gives any intruders a strong incentive to leave as soon and fast as possible, and a heavy (or well-anchored, or both) hidden safe makes a smash-and-grab impractical to get your compact valuables.

I personally favor a well-designed DIY hidey-hole that only you and your spouse know about. And maybe a cheap lightweight decoy safe, wired into the alarm system. With maybe a sock of coals inside. ;)  But that's just me.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
I got one to keep my wife quiet.  So worth it.

But this safe does also have some fire and water resistance.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »

It isn't as if you are going to out up a sign that says 'beware of safe' - the thieves won't know until they get to it.  As to cameras being 'better'?  You're comparing apples and elephants.  If you have a camera, all you'll get is the image of some stranger, because your friends will all know you have a camera.  If you have a decent alarm, as mentioned, the thief will be incentivised to leave quickly, abandoning the safe.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
I have a safe in my living room, I keep cat treats in there.. I really hope one day someone steals it and breaks into it. :P

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »
I have a safe in my living room, I keep cat treats in there.. I really hope one day someone steals it and breaks into it. :P

just found this latest post. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ROFLMAO!! Good one, Guy!