Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

109 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Re: DSC  (Read 13027 times)

mgp540

• View Profile
Re: DSC
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »
Please help.  Need help with DSC 832 programming.  New home is prewired with DSC832 and has 12 zones.  Keypad only recognize zones 1-8 as open or closed but not 9-12.  I can arm system as long as zones 1-8 is closed.  How do I program it to recognize all 12 zones in order to arm it. thanks. If you can, please give step by step instructions.

Virtual Monitoring

• Security Guru
  • ANY panel - ANY camera
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Do you have the Installer programming manual available to refer to?  If not, you should download one and then we can point you in the right direction  ;)

What about the Installer code - do you have that ?

Sounds like zones 9-12 are not enabled in programming.

mgp540

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
Thanks for the respond.  I have the installer's code, master code and manual.  What's interesting is that i'm able to define zones 9-12 on the keypad with functions such as delay or instant ??? ??? ??? alarm.  So going through the keypad, it shows zones 1-12, but when testing the individual sensors on the doors and windows, zones 9-12 does not affect the arming of the system.  (a burglar could walk through these zones and I can arm the system with these zones open, zones 1-8 work as it should)  I feel that I'm almost there with the programing.   How do I get all 12 zones to work correctly.  I think that I did not program the second circuit board with zones 9-12 to the main circuit board.  Just a guess. Please help. thanks.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
Are zones 9-12 assigned to partition 1?  By default, they're not.  That's probably what it is.

Looks like it's section [203] in the 5010 manual I have.  Make sure zones 9-12 are turned on in this section.

How are they connected to the panel?  Wireless, or a PC5108?  Those modules will need to be enrolled in [902] if you haven't already.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

hess1970

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:15:30 AM »
make sure you have the rfk5500 keypad cause a pk5500 only has 8 hardwire zones, the rfk will let you add wireless devices and  youll need a 5508 expansion mod for more than 8 hardwire zones

Tambourineman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:42:08 AM »
I need the installer programming manual for an 1832.  Can you point me in the right direction?

TIA

Do you have the Installer programming manual available to refer to?  If not, you should download one and then we can point you in the right direction  ;)

What about the Installer code - do you have that ?

Sounds like zones 9-12 are not enabled in programming.

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
The moderators do not allow posting of links to other sites.

If you Google DIY security forums you will get links to other forums that have download sections with installation manuals.

Before downloading your manual check which version of firmware in your panel. For the PC1832 you will find ver 4.1, 4.2, and 4.6 manuals available for download.
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

Tambourineman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »
Thanks for your reply

I had downloaded the following already:

POWERSERIES-PC1832_Install [ation Manaual];  POWERSERIES-PC1832_Ref [erence];   POWERSERIES-PC1832_User [Guide];   and the DLS-Auto-Updater-(IV-NA)-Release

I thought the programmer's guide was something else and the post implied it might not be accessible except to authorized dealers.  The DSC website has a special logon for authorized dealers and lists a bunch of material that is only available once a dealer is logged on.

The moderators do not allow posting of links to other sites.

If you Google DIY security forums you will get links to other forums that have download sections with installation manuals.

Before downloading your manual check which version of firmware in your panel. For the PC1832 you will find ver 4.1, 4.2, and 4.6 manuals available for download.

Stratmando

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »
Agree with Mike, Likely Not enabled for Partition 1, I always thought all zones should be on Partition 1 by Default?