Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

138 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: CADDX NX-8E Siren Installation  (Read 3234 times)

phivosk

• View Profile
CADDX NX-8E Siren Installation
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »
Just finished connecting everything but the outdoor siren on an NX-8E.
On BELL +/- terminals I have connected the indoor siren which is actually a speaker and works just fine.
My question is ON WHICH TERMINALS DO I CONNECT THE OUTDOOR SIREN?
I am trying to figure out how the AUX1 & AUX2 terminals work but I cannot figure it out. The NC contact remains at all times connected to its C terminal and the NO contact remains open with its C terminal, no matter what the state of the alarm is (healthy or trip). The only thing I managed to do is to turn the AUX C terminal to a -ve 12Vdc when the respective jumpers J12 or J13 are linked.
Do I have to use the AUX OUTS 1/2/3/4 on a relay?
Please help!

increa

• View Profile
Re: CADDX NX-8E Siren Installation
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:06:08 AM »
Just finished connecting everything but the outdoor siren on an NX-8E.
On BELL +/- terminals I have connected the indoor siren which is actually a speaker and works just fine.
My question is ON WHICH TERMINALS DO I CONNECT THE OUTDOOR SIREN?

Just connect the outdoor siren to the same screw terminals (I have two sirens on mine).  Note, however, that you can program these to be different kind of speakers or sirens, so in order to work properly, you should have two of the same type connected - can't be both at the same time!

I am trying to figure out how the AUX1 & AUX2 terminals work but I cannot figure it out. The NC contact remains at all times connected to its C terminal and the NO contact remains open with its C terminal, no matter what the state of the alarm is (healthy or trip). The only thing I managed to do is to turn the AUX C terminal to a -ve 12Vdc when the respective jumpers J12 or J13 are linked.
Do I have to use the AUX OUTS 1/2/3/4 on a relay?
Please help!

No need to do the siren on the AUX outputs.  Use the BELL+ and BELL- as indicated above.

The AUX connections are confusing.  NO and NC are marked - but compared to what?  COM or C?  And why is there only NO for AUX2 and only NC for AUX1 ?  If these are floating relays, why is COM present?  And, if C can switch to 12v output, then it's really not a floating relay terminal.   If they're not floating relays, why have relays at all?  Just switch a terminal to common.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:57:07 AM »
No offense intended, but do you think the OP is still waiting for a reply some 5 years after he asked the question?
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

increa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »
No offense intended, but do you think the OP is still waiting for a reply some 5 years after he asked the question?

Well.. you never know.  When I have problems others have experienced years ago, it's still very helpful to find the information available in a public forum when the original OP is long gone.  I'd like to return the favor.  Rather than "answer one person" (time limit) I think of it as "provide reference material" (timeless).