Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

128 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: z950 & compatible peripherals?  (Read 2286 times)

mendo

• Security Master
    • View Profile
z950 & compatible peripherals?
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
buying a house with a z950 panel installed & hardwired contacts.  we want to add smokes and wireless, mainly for keyfobs - maybe some motion detectors, not sure yet.  also not sure if there are any open zones - haven't gotten that close of a look at the system yet.  my questions:

1. what other manufacturer's components are compatible with the z950 board?   wireless expansion, wired expansion, motion detectors, keypads, etc

2. where can i find specs on this board?

3. is it possible that i cannot completely reset this board to reprogram it?

thanks in advance

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: z950 & compatible peripherals?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
The Z950 is a basic 8-zone panel that cannot be expanded.  The Z panels were workhorses, but Moose got swallowed up some years ago, and all their equipment is obsolete.  Basically, what you have is what you have.  Wireless isn't available for the Z950.  There is a back door into programming if needed, from there, you can reset the master user code.

Basically, all the older Moose keypads would work with each panel, I think the keypad for that is a Z950R.  As long as it has the 8 zones, it should work.  should.  again, being obsolete, you may have trouble finding one.  motion detectors and door contacts are universal, so that doesn't matter.

Since you're looking to expand, you might want to think about swapping the panel and keypad to a system that can be expanded to do what you're looking for.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

mendo

• Security Master
    • View Profile
Re: z950 & compatible peripherals?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
great info - thanks for your response.

i am somewhat familiar with dsc products, so your reply may be the excuse i (my wife) needs for me to buy/install some new equipment.

thanks!