Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

117 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Ademco/Honeywell Vista panel takeover procedures  (Read 42236 times)

scanfix

• View Profile
Re: Ademco/Honeywell Vista panel takeover procedures
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »
Thanks Alarm Mike, will do.

aztihg

• View Profile
Re: Ademco/Honeywell Vista panel takeover procedures
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 11:18:42 PM »
Hello. I recently bought a house that came with a Vista 20P system and one 6150FR keypad. I managed to get the installer code (wiped out *41,*42 and *96). When I tried to changed the installer code something strange happened. In my first attempt it did not changed the installer code to the one that I was trying to program to, instead it set it, I assume, to its default one 6321 (I'm in Canada). I was successful in my second attempt, but it seems that the panel is somewhat in an arming state because it also chimes when the PIRs are triggered. I can disable the chime but I cannot disarm for whatever reason. I'm new to the security systems (this is my first one to deal with) and for sure I'm doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out. What is intriguing me, is that the arming mode was set even though the panel is showing "Not Ready" message on zone 04 ( a double sliding door with the door contacts too far apart - from what I can see - easy to fix I would say) since I moved in. I want to fix the arming issue and if I should be concerned with the installer code incident. Also, I want to monitor it myself through an EVL3, but do to the fact that my keypad is 6150RF, is it wise to proceed with this setup? Your help is much appreciated.
Aztihg