Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

123 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Water line  (Read 3224 times)

jhowse

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Water line
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
This was a few years ago just outside toronto, ontario. I was out doing service installation what-not, when i got a call to go and check on another tech who had run into some issues.  When i got there the owner was up in arms and freaking out, i couldn't imagine what could cause such a panic, but heres what happened.

The tech was in the basement running cable and stapling wires along the joist when i guess instead of getting off the ladder and moving it a couple feet then stepped on the water line just after it gets into the house and before the shut off. So after breaking the line he paniced and left the job and the home owner had to call the city to come and shut off the main on the street. So for about 40 minutes the owner had full street pressure water flowing into the bsmt of her new home.   

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Water line
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:52:31 PM »
Dayam.  Lucky it was only 40 minutes. 

DanST216

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
I can't believe he just left.

tinman4

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
I had a similar situation.  One of our techs was under the front stairs in a bi-level and the pipe coming into the house was corroded.  It was his dumb luck he bumped it.  Luckly, it was well water and we shut off the pump.

Still had a mess and had to pay for a plumber.
WHEN ALARMS ARE CHEAP..........THEY'RE CHEAP ALARMS.

Stratmando

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 01:13:16 PM »
When water is a concerned, I like to use an Elk WSV2(1" 12volt controlled valve), 1 House 1 Have about 15 Water sensors, about 7 Hardwired, 8 Wireless, If any detects a drop of water, it shuts off the Ball Valve in 2 Seconds, I have the programmable output follow the water zones.
Same system(DSC Power 1832) I have the Perimeter zones shut off the AC if any are open more than 5 minutes. turns back on when closed. Also have it to shut off AC is Smoke or Heat is detected to keep from spreading smoke through the house, or More Oxygen to the Fire.