Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

57 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Z1100 Smoke Alarm Problem  (Read 2814 times)

dannysk06

• View Profile
Z1100 Smoke Alarm Problem
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Hi All,

So I have a Z1100 alarm sytem in the house I bought a few years back and all's been good except the following that happened last night:

All three hard wired smoke alarms started going off but not in the way they do when they actually sense smoke. In an inconsistent pattern, they would go off. Sometimes a couple of mintes between beeps and sometimes an hour or so. Sometimes it was just a beep or two and sometimes many in a row. The bottom line, no repeatable pattern.

Does anyone have any advice? The alarm is not tied to a security company; just the smoke alarms and the entry alarms.

Thanks so much in advance!

Dan

tinman4

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: Z1100 Smoke Alarm Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
If your smoke sensors are activating (beeping at the smoke sensor) and nothing is happening at the keypad.  The odds are the smoke ALARMS you're looking at were installed by an electrian and not part of the security system.

In any case, this is not a job for a home owner.  Unless, you're really handy with electric.  And since you're on this site, well no disrespect, but it doesn't sound you're handy with electric.

FYI: The Z1100 hasn't been manufactured since around 1998 when they sold to GE.

Time to call an electrician and change out those smoke sensors.  Especially, if there more than 10 years old.

Hope I helped.
WHEN ALARMS ARE CHEAP..........THEY'RE CHEAP ALARMS.