Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

159 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: GE Concord - need to identify what I have. tried searching.  (Read 4397 times)

thebanjoman

• View Profile
GE Concord - need to identify what I have. tried searching.
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
We've had this GE Concord system in the house since we bought it in 2005.  It's worked well and we've never had any problems with it.

It has ALWAYS bothered me that I don't know EXACTLY what I have and would like to know if I could add an RS-232 interface to my configuration.

I'd really like to know if I have a Concord 3 or 4 and the firmware version but on the boards there are no markings that give any kind of a distinguisable markings to help me.

The Manual shows:

466-1513-01 Rev F  June 2004

Part numbers:
60-792-01-95R
60-734-01
60-801-01

Inside the box panel there is a board attached  to the mainboard labeld - Voice Only Module

All the sensors in the house are wireless, there are no wired sensors and all the 'screws' at the bottom that list the 'zones' nothing is attached.

There is an 'add on board' that had a red light in the center that is flashing.

I'll have to take some photos, shrink them down and post for viewing.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me discover what I have so I can understand things better.

Thank you.

thebanjoman

• View Profile
Re: GE Concord - need to identify what I have. tried searching.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:47:00 AM »
Further review of this tells me that I can't have a concord 4 system as every manual I see is date 2007 and my manual is dated 2004 so it has to be v3 or earlier.  We bought this house in 4/2005 built to our spec and the workers installed the unit in 3/2005 as we watched it being installed.  I tried then to get info out of the installer and he was very 'tight  lipped' and just gave me the manual.  The company that installed it is no longer in business.

Its so hard to find info out about this and there is little online info past downloading manuals.

Quarterwave

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »
I'd have to lookup a 3....I know it's not a 4 or Express...there are no wireless antennae on top. It may be a 3, the cabinet looks like Concord line. Sorry...I'll have to scratch a bit.

Rudy

• Security Master
  • 25 years and still clueless....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
If you go into options via the menu , it should give you a factory code. That will help identify the panel type. I have a list of factory coeds laying around somewhere.

thebanjoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »
In looking at my manual I see that there is a section to identify system information.

1. Enter programming menus by pressing 9+ system or partition master code
2. Press 010

first info:  factory code

Press B to display system number

Press B again to display level.

3. Press * + 00 +# to exit

Which brings up an additional question. - "System or Partition Master CODE" 

Is this my code to ARM the system or is there a different code I need?  We never got anything more than this.     I have not tried to get the system information yet.

For years we just enabled the alarm when we left, disarmed it when we came back, I replaced the batteries as called for and went 'stupidly along'  never knowing much more than that.

I'm determined to learn more and understand this system and to see if there are any changes that we can make to benefit from.  We're paying $75 a month just for a landline  for the alarm system as we use our cells anymore exclusively  for outgoing calls and the incoming ones are just robocalls, salesemen, or other bogus garbage, everybody that needs to talk to us has our cell numbers. .   If we could have a cheaper way for alarm notification I'd love it.

Our Internet connection is Wireless 900Mhz to a tower 6 miles away and is not as reliable as cell service so VOIP is out of the question. If our alarm callout could be via cell and we could drop the landline and save a few $$ each month we'd like it as cell is very reliable here.

I'm grateful for your patience and helping me learn this system.   

Rudy

• Security Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
Ge panels can use alarm.com as a means of communications. As far as what panel, get the factory code so we can figure what panel you have.

thebanjoman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »
Well I don't have the factory code. I only have the 4 digit to arm/disarm the system

The installer has gone out of business with no way of contacting them so it looks like Im screwed.

Guess I'll have to pay someone now to come out and futz with this to get me what I need.

thebanjoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »
OK, took the plunge and tried the system information sequence with my 4 digit code.

Factory code 198*1666

System # 0056419

System Level 0501

So here is what I have,   If someone could  help me decipher it I'd be grateful.

Rudy

• Security Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
It is a concord version 3.1 Hybrid.

thebanjoman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
Rudy,

Thank you so much,  This is valuable info for me.

In trying to further my reading.  I never got a 'map' of the sensors from the company who installed it so I'll try and get this info out and written down to try and understand the panel better.

I'm assuming that the board I have is a 60-792-01-95R-32Z given the number of sensors I have in the house for windows, doors, and glass break detectors.

As it is v3.1 I am assuming that the
60-783-02 - GE ITI SuperBus 2000 RS-232 Automation Module
is compatible with this panel?

Also have a shop on the property that is about 300FT from the house that doesnt have an alarm system so Im going to try and learn what it takes to add it. 

I'm assuming that this isn't too far a distance for the RF ?

Very happy to get this info.

maybill

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Just picking up on this post. I have what I think is a Ge Concord Euro. Twin antennae on the top and built in keypad. Can't get the firmware version from the panel to confirm if it is 2.5 or better which is required to install the GE Concord RS232 automation.

Got the following details from the panel

Factory code 201.2220
System Number 0022167
System Level 0704

Just wondering if Rudy is still on board here or if anyone could figure out what firmware version is on this panel

maybill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »
This may be of benefit to anyone trying to identify what panel they have. Seems to cover most models.

http://tech.vyanet.com/Tech_2010ITI_Concord_Versions.htm

renormalize

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
This may be of benefit to anyone trying to identify what panel they have. Seems to cover most models.

http://tech.vyanet.com/Tech_2010ITI_Concord_Versions.htm

Thanks for this link, it has quite a bit of useful info on Concord alarms. That said, the Versions list is dated (as suggested by the 2010 in the URL). I have a Concord 4 system installed new in 2016 that has Factory Code 469*4092 & Software Label 755-4007, which are well above the highest version numbers in the list. Maybe someone at Vyanet can update the list?