Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

162 Guests, 1 User
Flyct

Author Topic: Moose z1100e Smoke detector output  (Read 2175 times)

bnstone

• View Profile
Moose z1100e Smoke detector output
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
Hello, I've searched the web and forum but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a z1100e originally installed in 99. It finally bit the dust about a year ago. I ended up buying a new board assembly and installed. Everything seems to be working except the power output to my smoke detectors. I have 4 installed upstairs and yes they are the old originals but right now my concern is the lack of power. When I hook up my meter to Terminal 31 (Which I believe is the smoke output?) and Ground to 28 which is how it was originally wired (I didn't touch that side of the board when I replaced, just the left side expansion and main board were changed out) I get zero output. When I hook up to 29 (Aux Power) and 28 I get 13.5v. My question; is there a code that activates the circuit to supply the 12v to the detectors that I might have missed when installing the new board? I have the "new" right expansion board as well but don't want to pull it all back apart and rewire if it's something simple like I code I just haven't activated. I'm hoping someone can provide more insight. Thanks.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Moose z1100e Smoke detector output
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
Check the fuses.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

bnstone

• View Profile
Re: Moose z1100e Smoke detector output
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
Tks Bramfrank. You got me going in the right direction. I had checked voltage across fuse and it showed good but when I replaced the fuse I started getting the 12v at the terminal for the smoke detector. However, led to bigger issues. It appears I have a problem with the smoke detector circuit. It started smoking the expansion board at the 12v output for the smoke detectors. I still had the new board I hadn't installed so I replaced the board, did a continuity check on the detector wiring, which showed bad, so I went back together with the alarm panel (minus the smoke detectors) and it all appears to be good. I'll be leaving the detectors out until I can troubleshoot that wiring.