Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

150 Guests, 1 User
AlarmMike

Author Topic: Adding to ADT Pulse system.  (Read 2980 times)

Sabre170

• View Profile
Adding to ADT Pulse system.
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:58 AM »
Ok, so I had my initial ADT Pulse system installed by the ADT dude.  nice then I wanted to add a few more sensors myself.  I purchased 4 new Wireless Shock sensors.....the EXACT SAME model as I the ADT guy installed.

I was able to install them on my home system just fine (I have a DSC SCW9057 control panel).  The house panel sees the sensors, and properly trips when windows are opened or shock sensor tripped. I was even able to go into the Label programming and label these sensors so when tripped, the display will say "xxx window" rather than the default "zone xxx" (just like the ADT Guy did for the rest of the system).  Bottom line....the system is working fine, but i have a small issue.

When using the PULSE website and/or phone app, the new sensors don't show up on my security summary. It shows all my original sensors, but not the new ones.  I tried a test, and left one of the windows open with the new installed sensors, and tried to arm the system. The pulse system then discovered a fault, and put it in bypass. At that point it temporally "discovered" the sensor, but only as "zone xxx", not as the "xxx window" as I labeled it. More so, once disarmed, the sensor then disappears from the list of sensors.

Now, here is the kicker:  when on the website, the "security summary" tab doesn't show the new sensors, however when you go to the "system" tab, it DOES list the new sensors in the list.  More so, the new sensors are listed as "zone xxx" and the device type is listed as "unknown device type" (even though my system knows these are door/window contacts.

So, ultimately, the pulse website/server/system/whatever you want to call it, sees my sensors and reacts properly if they are tripped.....however, it just doesn't fully recognize every detail of the sensor enough to populate my main pulse sensor list.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Pelican1979

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adding to ADT Pulse system.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »
That information needs to be inputed on their end on the Central Station side.

Sabre170

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
Ah...I see.

Now with that said, is this something I could call them and tell them to fix on their end?  Or would doing this bring to their attention that a "certified tech" didn't do the install and thus throw a fit, bla bla bla.......not sure how addons like this that I do myself effect my contract and such with them.

I would guess that I probably shouldn't tell them and just live with this, however if there is an easy way to have them fix with out me getting in trouble I'd like to do that.

Pelican1979

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:14:04 PM »
They will not update zone information with the end user, there is a very strict process that is followed when making changes to a customer account.  A technician will have to go out and do this for you.

Sabre170

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »
That is what I was guessing.  I'm fine just how it is. Those additional sensors still work totally normal....just not jiving with Pulse's online GUI. I can live with that.

Thanks for the info......I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. Haha

Jeffro3604

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »
I did not have that experience.  I called ADT and told them what zones I had added and it was no issue.  They were a bit confused/surprised that I was able to do it, but they didn't have an issue with it surprising. YMMV.

WeekendDIYer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »
I know I am late...

Would Section 992 Alternate Communicator Label Broadcast fix this?