Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

127 Guests, 1 User
EdLank

Author Topic: looking for recommendations on upgrading a wired system  (Read 2722 times)

lb33tl3

• View Profile
looking for recommendations on upgrading a wired system
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »
I have a Vista 10 wired system monitored right now and my wife wants to be able to arm and disarm the alarm from her phone. I don't want to go to a wireless system because all my sensors are working great. I was looking maybe a Vista 20 with total connect.

what do y'all recommend?
Install is not a problem

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
Re: looking for recommendations on upgrading a wired system
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »
Are you able to get an Ethernet cable to the panel location?

If so, a VISTA-21iP is a great option as it's a nearly identical panel but has a built-in Ethernet connection so you can get Total Connect.
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »
I have a Vista 20P with an Envisalink module. http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

The envisalink allows complete control from any smartphone either via Wifi while in the house or via Internet when away.

One time fee to purchase yo the small board and no ongoing fees. You can still use your existing monitoring company.

It also send me and my wife text and email messages for any event (for free)

Look at the link above for compatibility. Depending on what version Vista 10 you gave it may work for you.

NonTech

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »
I too have the VISTA 20P with EnvisaLink 3.  Why pay monthly fees when you can get the same for free?  The EnvisaLink 3 can be had for anywhere from $90-$99.  You can upgrade the VISTA 10 (if required) to Vista 20P with a simple motherboard change (get the latest and greatest Version; 9.18 or latest?) and reprogramming.

The VISTA 21IP  requires the use of Alarmnet, which limits your choices and comes with additional monthly fees.  The EnvisaLink 3 is a great product and you can monitor your system through this device, in addition to getting remote arm/diarm, alert messages, etc.