Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

129 Guests, 1 User
dilligaff

Author Topic: Arming status indicator: Easily visible from street or not?  (Read 1774 times)

BuddyBoy

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Arming status indicator: Easily visible from street or not?
« on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
I've installed a couple Code Encryptor CE3s with status indicators, and installed the indicator into a custom stainless steel wallplate on the edge of the garage door frame such that the indicator is easily visible to the street.

I'd like to know whether the pros think this is a good practice or not.  The disadvantage is that someone who knows what the indicator means, can see when the system is disarmed.  The advantage is for us to know when we drive up whether it is armed, and possibly deterring would-be burglars who know the indicator means there is an armed alarm system in place.  We have a vacation house that is empty most of the year, and the blinking red LED is easily visible to anyone driving by the house.

We're actually pretty good about arming the system whenever we leave, as we have TotalConnect, and can arm the system after we leave the house if we forget.

tvtech

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Arming status indicator: Easily visible from street or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »
I've a few of those out there in the field and I put the LED plates in the garage so only the homeowner knows if it's armed or not.