Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

132 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Can Alarm Relay monitor an AGM GSM Cellular Remote Alarm Module?  (Read 5306 times)

HokieBrian

• View Profile
I'm trying to determine if Alarm Relay would be able to monitor a Rokonet AGM GSM Cellular Alarm Module (http://www.diycontrols.com/p-6195-agm-gsm-cellular-remote-alarm-module.aspx).

Also, does anyone know if that unit is compatible with the Honeywell/Ademco panels, like a Vista V10SE?  It looks like I would just connect it to the 4 landline connectors on the V10SE.

My goal is to use a pre-paid SIM card for cell monitoring through Alarm Relay.

Thanks!

JoshP

Re: Can Alarm Relay monitor an AGM GSM Cellular Remote Alarm Module?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
That cell module is compatible with any hardwired system. It is a contact ID unit so I don't see why Alarm Relay wouldn't be able to use that cell module. I would recommend giving them a call to really find out if it will work or not. 800-560-1003. If for some reason that does not work then you could always go with one that homesecuritystore.com has which is the GS3060 by DSC. This is a universal cellular communicator which would work with your Vista. However, it already comes with a SIM card that is not replaceable. It would only be able to communicate with a monitoring service, whereas, the GSM module you are looking at can call I believe any nine numbers you program into it.
-JoshP

HokieBrian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »
Thanks, Josh.  Does that DSC model need to communicate with a central station before communicating with Alarm Relay?  From what I understand, if I have a module with my own SIM card that I pay for, then I can still get the $8.95/mo monitoring rate from Alarm Relay.  However, if it's a cellular communicator with it's own SIM card, then the monitoring rate through Alarm Relay jumps to ~$23.

I'm not sure if the central station is really the determining factor; still trying to figure it all out.  I guess I'll need to check on those units with Alarm Relay.

Thanks,
Brian

HokieBrian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
I think I just answered my own question, because the DSC appears to use the CONNECT 24 system, and the SIM has to be registered through that, so I think that means I'd be paying the higher rate through Alarm Relay.

Back to my OP, I think the question is, after looking at the Rokonet some more, does Alarm Relay monitor over DTMF?  I don't even know what the heck DTMF is :)

murphy62

• Security Guru
    • View Profile

JoshP

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
There has been a replacement for the GS3060 it is now the 3G3070-USA. The GS3060 got discontinued because it was only 2G technology. The 3G3070-USA is 3G. It is also universal to any hard wired alarm panel.

JoshP