Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

136 Guests, 1 User
Magnum Alert

Author Topic: System Just Installed - Can't Make Rules  (Read 1648 times)

Thief

• View Profile
System Just Installed - Can't Make Rules
« on: December 05, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »
Hi everybody.  First post, glad I found this forum.  Looks like a lot of information to go over.

I have a gripe.  Tomorrow is my last day to cancel Vivint (3 day cancellation policy) but I'd like a couple suggestions first.

I used to have TWC's Intelligent Home.  Man, was that a headache.  This guy didn't know what that guy was doing!   :-\

I have a bunch of accessories from that system still, but that's another post.

I had Vivint installed.  I have the Sky Panel instead of the older Go!Panel (think that's what it was called). 

I have the most expensive package at $69.99, supposedly for home automation.  Well, come to find out the Sky Panel has been out for 7 months already and is  unable to make any rules.

You can pick from about 10 pre-made rules and toggle them on and off, but as far as making your own, I'm SOL!

The system is nice as far as equipment quality and "possibilities", but does anybody know if / when any updates are coming for the system?

If it's going to take another 7 months to be able to make my own rules, I'll get rid of it.  But if it's a matter of a month or two, I think I can handle that.

I've called Vivint and nobody knows of course.

Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks.

--Jack

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: System Just Installed - Can't Make Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »
Vivint's Sky panel is proprietary.  DSC or Honeywell for non-proprietary.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011