PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

126 Guests, 2 Users
murphy62,
ylazaris@gmail.com

Author Topic: LifeShield Home Security --BEWARE  (Read 1797 times)

FS2020

• View Profile
LifeShield Home Security --BEWARE
« on: December 06, 2014, 07:04:32 AM »

I've had a LifeShield system for more than five years.  They used to be a good company, but my experience with them has been terrible over the past year.
I always paid my bill automatically with my debit card. I was issued a new card last July, but I forgot to update the billing info with Lifeshield. So I missed one (1) month's payment and owed them $30.  They didn't call me. They set off our alarm system at 8AM and scared the hell ouf of us. I called them, and they said they would turn off the alarm when I paid the $30 I owe them.
I had them disconnect my service because I don't trust them anymore. They made me pay a $119 disconnection fee, which was never in my contract. First they told me the fee was $149.
Now I have to pay $1000 to have a different security system installed.
Lifeshield used to have a B+ rating from the BBB.  Now they have an F rating from BBB, and they deserve it.

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
Re: LifeShield Home Security --BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
Wow, that is a terrible way to do business. I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

This time around, I recommend you go with a non-proprietary system so that if you ever become unhappy with the company you're with, you can just choose another one.

While we offer Honeywell because we feel they are the best brand in the industry, GE and DSC systems are popular as well.

You shouldn't have a hard time finding good, reputable companies that will support those systems.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:05:25 AM by Sterling Donnelly »
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.