Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

141 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: System Sensor COSMO2W + 2WTA-B + COSMOD2W  (Read 2135 times)

xKing

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
System Sensor COSMO2W + 2WTA-B + COSMOD2W
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm thinking about installing a monitored smokes thru my house, plus I would like to have CO detectors monitored as well.

Does anyone have any experience with those COSMO line of detectors? Wiring looks pretty simple and I've already bought PC5204 power supply to power the smoke/co circuits, my panel is PC1864 v4.6 (supports CO zones). Current plan is to have 4 of 2WTA-B smoke/thermal detectors and 2 of COSMO2W (one for each level, no basement), they all will be connected to COSMOD2W interface module.

Alternative plan is to purchase 6 of FSA-210BST + PRM-2W and install 2 separate CO detectors CO1224T on the separate circuit - but I like the COSMO idea better (less wiring to run).

3rd option was to purchase just 6 of COSMO2W, but - it would be way more expensive, overkill on CO detectors and no thermal detection at all.

I know that it's generally a better idea to have smoke/CO as separate units, but I'm not a fan of hanging stuff in my own house in plain sight, plus COSMO2W supposed to have field replaceable CO detection chamber (CO-REPL) so I should be able to replace just the detection chamber when it expires, not the whole unit.

Thanks!

P.S. Side question - DSC requires that I install 2x7Ah batteries if I use my system for FIRE, that is easy to do for 1864 - it came with the dual battery harness, but what would be the best way to do it for PC5204? 5204 came with battery harness soldered to the board (can't just unplug and replace with the dual one) - what would be the best way to hook up the second battery? Sure I can purchase another dual harness, cut the plug and solder it to 5204 board, but I really doubt that it's what DSC had in mind when they designed it.

xKing

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: System Sensor COSMO2W + 2WTA-B + COSMOD2W
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »
Ok, so I went with 2x COSMO2W + 4x 2WTA-B, all works well and tested Ok :)

modernavdesigns

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:50:43 AM »
Were Having some serious issues with "SYS-COSMO2W" its a 2 wire smoke/CO combo the problem we are getting is a trouble light on the "SYS-COSMOD2W" this integrates the smoke and CO together. its wired up to PGM 1 but not sure if thats where it goes and we also installed the resistor that came with the "COSMOD2W"

The other problem we are having is were not sure if we are programming it correctly, any words of advice?

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »
PGM2 is the output designed for 2 wire smokes and the resistor should be a 2.2K resistor.
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

modernavdesigns

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
 We had it on PGM 2 but then we called the DSC and they said  it goes on PGM 1, then we call system sensor and they tell us that it does not go on PGM one or two since it is a CO/smoke detector Combo they both need to be on independant zones example zone seven smoke zone eight CO.

We also have the resistor that came with the cosmod installed on the loop but no resistors on our other zones, yet we program the system by telling it there are no resistors

dilligaff

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:01:03 PM »
From looking at the PDF o n the COSMOD2W you should have PGM 2 set as smoke det reset and power to the COSMOD2W coming from aux+ and PGM2-. the smoke zone and CO zone should be separate panel zones with 5.6K resistors for the panel EOL resistors. When you program the zones as fire and gas detectors the panel will require EOL resistors even if you are not using EOL resistors on the other zones. The resistor that comes with the COSMOD2W should be used at the last detector on the smoke/CO detector loop.
BEFORE all else fails

READ THE DIRECTIONS !!

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
And you should probably employ a third zone (24-hour supervisory) on the panel for the Maintenance Zone of the COSMO2DW.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011