PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

127 Guests, 2 Users
dilligaff,
Magnum Alert

Author Topic: Former burglar - ask me anything  (Read 5270 times)

kmbconsulting

• View Profile
Former burglar - ask me anything
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:10:33 AM »
Hey guys. used to rob houses that were 10million us+ . also some upper middleclass if they were show boaty. i Was dubbed "the brightest and most savvy"  suspect the investigators had ever pursued by my local very big city police.
all took place in north america.

i have some pretty crafty ways to safeguard your house, and suggestions for camera placement and whatnot. for example - alarm sensor on door hinge so if door gets kicked off the hinge to gain entry the alarm will immediately sound instead of allowing the burglars the usual 30 seconds or  whatever it is until the alarm starts going as long as entry is made through the primary door.

anyways feel free to ask me questions, i did all these things when i was a teen/very young man and have since changed.

cheers

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
Re: Former burglar - ask me anything
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
i have some pretty crafty ways to safeguard your house, and suggestions for camera placement and whatnot. for example - alarm sensor on door hinge so if door gets kicked off the hinge to gain entry the alarm will immediately sound instead of allowing the burglars the usual 30 seconds or  whatever it is until the alarm starts going as long as entry is made through the primary door.

How would the sensor on the hinge side act any different than a sensor on the opposite side of the hinge?

If the zone is programmed as an Entry/Exit zone, there will be a delay no matter where you physically install the sensor.
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:00:43 PM »
Actually, unless it's a plunger switch, the hinge side is the worst side.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

kmbconsulting

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
Sorry I think i should've explained myself better.

Keep the standard sensor in the regular spot on the door.

You then add another window sensor too the hinge. One on wall one on hinge. Door swings open , sensor DOSNT get disturbed alarm Dosnt ring.

Door gets kicked off hinges and then sensors determine a "window has been open" except it was our hinge sensor.

That's what I ment.

and that is just one tip of many.

Seriously guys ask me anything. I will actually seriously try to help.
dosnt matter how big or small.

And jw I have recently made a website where I share detailed stories of my break ins ....
And also how to prevent them.  The site isn't that great as its new .. However I am updating everyday.
If me posting my site goes against the rules please just delete my post and I will re post without my site .

Www.knightsofthemasterbedroom.com

Cheers

SilentRon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:17:36 AM »
Hello KMB:

I'm looking for suggestions to secure an overhead door (similar to a garage door) that runs on tracks.  I want a hardwired system with an exterior weatherproof device such as a programmable keypad, programmable card reader, or some biometric device.  The exterior device should electronically operate locks simultaneously in both left and right door tracks.  The system should default to the locked setting when the door is closed.  There should be an interior override to accommodate egress when the door is closed and locked.  I haven't had much luck finding such a system or the desired components.  I'm not looking to add a security system sensor to the door, only secure it.  Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.  Thank you.

Respectfully,
SilentRon

micheal

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Check this website they are specialized in overhead door contact you may get some more information http://www.lowvoltagesupply.com/product-p/qs-914ma.htm

SilentRon

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
Looks promising!

Thank you Michael.

Gregg

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »
RE: Silent Ron
If you are talking about a metal roll-up door like you find in industrial buildings, there are a couple of things to consider.  Where I am located, the main ways burglars get through these doors is to either back a truck into them and bow them enough to derail the door from the side tracks or to pry up the door enough to crawl under or to put a hook on the door in the center and pull it out with a vehicle. 
After being burglarized in both fashions I put much thicker bottom rails on the door and clamp them to the concrete floor with dog clamps in 3 places using allen bolts into flush concrete anchors.  This pretty much eliminated the need for reed switches at the floor level, so instead I mounted an Optex BX 100 to detect any major bowing of the door.  I also welded some flat steel on both sides of the rail inside to make the channel about 1 1/2 inches deeper which would make it less susceptible to derailing. 
A friend of mine backs his forklift up to his roll-up door every night with a heavy pallet between to spread out any forces of ramming.   

tsiunltdus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 09:34:23 AM »
Hey Gregg. Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the info.

brad.staats

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 11:10:29 AM »
What do you think about the Qolsys system?  I saw it on Security Allstar for a pretty good price.  Do you think that would protect my home?  Here is what I'm looking at. http://securityallstar.com/en/qolsys-basic-package

HomeSecurityList

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • Home Security List
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »
Sometimes the "cost" isn't a driving factor for installing advanced security systems at home. Some security systems are quite compact in nature and yet not so expensive. What you ought to check is whether it offers features that you actually need within your premises. Keep in mind all break-in incidents that have occurred in your neighborhood of late. It will help you compare different security systems within your preset budget.
With home security system reviews of HomeSecurityList, you can make the best decision for your home and money.