Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

126 Guests, 1 User
dilligaff

Author Topic: newbie: alarm recommendation - autodialer systems vs monitored  (Read 2439 times)

shikarishambu

• View Profile
newbie: alarm recommendation - autodialer systems vs monitored
« on: February 20, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Hi,
I am in the market for an alarm system as I am moving to a new home. The previous owners had ADT for a while but discontinued "because they felt safe." For the first time I am in the mark for alarm/ home monitoring. I see a crazy number of options - full service like ADT etc, self install+ monitoring like Simplisafe/Livewatch, buy equipment & use third party monitoring and then some auto dialer systems like Fortress Security Store/ PiSecure.

Does any one have experience with any of the auto dialer systems - Fortress, PiSecure or something else? Is auto dialer systems good enough? Or, is it better spending the extra money on monitoring services? Is it better to have third party monitoring (it certainly is cheaper/mth) or go with guys like Livewatch/ Simplisafe etc...ADT seems lot of money.

thanks

melvinderby

• View Profile
Re: newbie: alarm recommendation - autodialer systems vs monitored
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »
Ir cameras are very good.Initially they were used in aviation and scientific research, however recently people have been using these cameras at homes as well. IR is nothing but infrared cameras. I bought one from canadian security professionals. When an IR camera detects infrared energy which is heat, it is converted into an electronic signal.This signal is further processed to produce an image which is then displayed on a video monitor. You can refer this article if you want to know more in detail about IR cameras  http://cspalarms.ca/blog/security-cameras/what-you-need-to-know-about-ir-cameras/
IR cameras comes with a lot of benefits, they produce vibrant images during the day and high resolution black and white images in the night.They are energy efficient, they use LED to produce their infrared glow which uses 80% less energy and produce greater light intensity and visibility at the same time.They use polycarbonate clear domes and are very sturdy.

MichaelHarris259

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: newbie: alarm recommendation - autodialer systems vs monitored
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 01:57:54 AM »
Variety of systems are available but i prefer https://perfecthomedefense.com/ for their efficient and low pricing services. You can have your customized packages.