Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

109 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Is your finger the next alarm code?  (Read 1907 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Home Security Store
Is your finger the next alarm code?
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »
Biometric Technology is entering the security industry at alarming rates. Biometric access control, Fingerprint door locks are on the market. Is an alarm system biometric keypad next?

If you talk to Johnny (President of Adel Biometric Technology) It's coming. Adel China opened a new office in the US this month. It's name is IDLK and they're taking fingerprint readers to the next level!

IDLK is not playing around... They purchased a New Building and new homes for employees in Irving Ca. This Month. IDLK has a team of Engineers from China and they're ready to take biometric fingerprint technology to the US by storm.

I would like your input on this technology in the alarm industry, so I'm opening a new category on the forum and would like your input!

We take basic security precautions every day. We use a key and alarm code to get into our house or office.  You've probably also experienced the panic that comes with misplaced keys or forgotten alarm codes.

Unlike keys or alarm codes, your personal traits are next to imposable to lose. They can also be very difficult to copy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:09:35 PM by admin »

tsiunltdus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is your finger the next alarm code?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:58:27 PM »
I see it becoming the new technology for security alarms. I mean, Heck, it is on computers now to get into them versus using a password, And on door locks so why not alarm keypads. It only makes sense in this day of technology.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »
Yes.  Considering DSC just implemented prox cards on the Impassa and WT5500 keypads, I could see fingerprint being next before facial or retina.  Albeit, it won't be tomorrow!  The trick will be to keep the hardware / software cost down for the regular homeowner.  The touch screens are pushing the limit for the average homeowner.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

kojak

• View Profile
    • home cleaning long island city queens ny
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »

Unlike keys or alarm codes, your personal traits are next to imposable to lose. They can also be very difficult to copy.

Yeah, it's like one of the last remnansts of inividualization via bodies. The more breaking and hacking will become digital only, the more those traits will not matter anymore. But for now, they are to stay here. Conf. Chinese system of assessment citizen trustworthiness, I think it's based on some biometric data gathering policy, too..