Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

113 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: hikvision ds-2cd3332-i  (Read 2167 times)

mike822

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
hikvision ds-2cd3332-i
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
Guys

can someone tell me if this turret camera can be mounted on the top of my garage which is an inverted-V?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysm1i94yw1fae0b/Garage.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

Billy_C

• Security Master
    • View Profile
Re: hikvision ds-2cd3332-i
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
Anything can be mounted anywhere, just a matter of how much it is going to cost!

As for who can mount anything anywhere, some people are more skilled at making custom wood pieces which would hold something to be mounted somewhere. Others can do welding of metal brackets or know how to go to a welder to get a bracket made. People would have the tools to do these various things - saws, welders, drills, drill bits, ladders, etc.

And then some do-it-yourself types may not have much of any tools or skills to mount things and would need detailed directions as to how to mount it - best in that case if the camera is specifically made to be mounted on the top of a roof peak, but I don't recall any that are.

Do you want it on TOP of the roof? And to be able to look around an entire circle?

Or on top of the roof and just look out say half a circle? (A mounting bracket could be behind it.)

Or mounted on the wall high up?

giansiro

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • lowvoltagesupply
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
will work.
lowvoltagesupply.com offers the highest quality of alarm security equipment check our website out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

mike822

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »
How about the camera itself? Anybody got any feedback or I should look into another turet camera? Plan to run blue iris at first to see how much my computer can handle and if it cannot do the job, I'll get a hikvision NVR

Also, would a bullet camera be better on top of the garage? It needs to see the back of the house and the driveway - about a 90 degree view

Billy_C

• Security Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »
I would recommend buying one camera, then temporarily mounting it in various locations - see what it can see day/night.

THEN based on that, decide what further you want to purchase. Everybody always winds up moving their cameras to different locations from where they first thought it would be a good place to mount them.

For example lights shining into the camera at night can cause trouble or maybe not. You pretty much need to try them here and there and see what it looks like on the monitor.

Jonathan

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 11:38:51 PM »
How about the camera itself? Anybody got any feedback or I should look into another turet camera? Plan to run blue iris at first to see how much my computer can handle and if it cannot do the job, I'll get a hikvision NVR

Also, would a bullet camera be better on top of the garage? It needs to see the back of the house and the driveway - about a 90 degree view

I would prefer Hikvision IP cameras over other brands.

What are the specs on your computer you plan to run Blue iris on? CPU, RAM etc. Blue Iris is a good program, however it's very CPU intensive.

bearclaw

• Security Master
    • View Profile
    • Armada Global
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »
You can't beat Hikvision for the price.  Look for a 2.8mm lens if you want a wide view.  The turret should work well, bullets are always the easiest to manipulate. 

Segprof

• View Profile
    • Seguridad Profesional
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 06:57:33 AM »
Hi, I previously used mainly Hikvision but in my point of view Dahua is taking the market very good products and competitive prices, increasingly use more Dahua.

Regards.
Seguridad Profesional -