Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

116 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: My door isn't opening (practice panel). Could someone look at my program?  (Read 3664 times)

djm227

• Security Master
    • View Profile
I have an XR500N at home to help me learn about DMP access.  I've been trying to get this door to open by HID tag for hours this morning, but can't seem to do it.  I'm sure that I'm missing something simple.......would somebody be willing to take a look at the programming in remote link?  I'll send you the file.

There is a 734 hooked up to the KP bus, a honeywell HID reader hooked up to that, a door strike lock, and one keypad.  I can toggle the lock in System Status, but I can't get the relay to respond to an HID token that I programmed in.

The 734 is set to access area 2, the user code is assigned to profile 1, profile 1 is set to access areas 1-32 and Access Areas is the only option checked for that profile.  I also have area 2 active in programming.  That's pretty much it...am I missing something?  I'm brand new to this.

luketek

• Gold Member
  • Tech of 15yrs. DMP Guru and Access Control Nut
    • View Profile
What error are you getting in the Display Events section of the users menu? 

Are you using a dmp card?    Where did you get the code for the card and how did you enroll this card?

I can look at your panel via remote link if you would like.  I would look at the event history to see what is holding you up.

djm227

• Security Master
    • View Profile
The event I'm getting is:
DENY
DR: 2 US: ??

I'm using an HID prox card that DMP sells.  I enrolled it via a 1301P admin reader.

I feel like something is wrong with my user profile, but I can't seem to figure it out.

luketek

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Send me your Remote Link   export file and the 4 digit code.  I sent you my email in a private message

luketek

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Be sure you created the Area in Area Information. Just a name is needed thats all

In Device Setup you should have atleast 1 access area assigned. (What area of the building is this device giving access too)

In the profile you should also have that same access area assigned.  Also make sure Door Access box is checked. And the Anytime box is selected for schedule

Other things to note:

Make sure your code is assigned to the correct profile.
Make sure your 734 is set to allows 5 digit codes (since the dmp cards are 5 digit)

djm227

• Security Master
    • View Profile
I sent you the file via email, I appreciate the help.

From the looks of it, everything you mentioned is correct. 

734:  Set to device 2, access area 1
User Profile 01: Access areas checked, access area 1
User 01: Assigned to profile 01
Area:  1 activated

Additionally, the 734 is set to 5 digit codes, and the profile is set to anytime. 

kcxj

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
On the 734 module does the yellow wiegand light turn on when you swipe the card?  If not, you more than likely have an incompatible card, e.g. indala, iclass etc.  If you do get the yellow light on card read, you need to check the events as Luke mentioned.  There are seven reasons the panel could deny access and each reason will point to the problem.  For example, if the event log shows "Access Denied-Armed area", the access area is armed and the profile does not have the correct authority.

luketek

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
My initial thoughts were the card format too.. We were able to track it down to his enrollment reader inputting the incorrect data. We were able to correct this and get him up and running.

kcxj

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Good to know it worked out.  I wish the RFIdeas admin readers had a toggle feature to toggle between formats.  You can do it with their admin tool, but it is kind of a pain.