Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

142 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Help re-activating Radionics Omegalarm D8112 & D1252A LCD Panel  (Read 2583 times)

GotRobbed

• View Profile
Help re-activating Radionics Omegalarm D8112 & D1252A LCD Panel
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
Hi all,

I acquired a home with an existing Radionics Omegalarm D8112 & D1252A LCD Panel. The panel was unplugged and the previous owner has no knowledge about the system or codes, etc.

I consider myself fairly handy, and have located all the existing D8112 / D1251A installation/configuration documentation, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reset the code or get the alarm configuration switched around. The system appears to be in perfect working order and shows as "ready to arm" when all areas are closed.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with knowledge of this particular line of systems who could help walk me through the following:

1. Identifying/resetting the personal code
2. Configuring the alarm as LOCAL mode (currently in central station reporting mode).

Thanks in advance.. really appreciate any help.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help re-activating Radionics Omegalarm D8112 & D1252A LCD Panel
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:34:06 PM »
Not a Radionics man, but best of my knowledge is that Radionics requires a separate programmer that's connected to the panel for programming.  Best chance would be to contact the installing company or one that can handle Radionics.

Otherwise, it's a swap out for DSC, Honeywell, or GE components.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
Mike, you're thinking of the old Radionics 8012 as the panel that had a programmer that attached to the top of it for programming. IIRC, that was the D5000 programmer.

Doesn't matter, 'cause the 8112 still needs a special programmer--I think it was the D5100 programmer. It had a bar-code reader on a cord that read bar codes for entries into the panel program. Takes a bit of training to learn to use it, but it's actually pretty simple.

Again, if I'm remembering correctly, the later-model D5200 programmer could be used on the 8112--one of the few times Radionics/Bosch made its equipment back-compatible. But I'm remembering from mid-90's, that last time I worked on Radionics/Bosch, so don't take my word as gospel.

Depending on the Version of the 8112, just any D5100 or D5200 programmer might not be able to access programming. Around mid-1992, Radionics put a Vendor lock-out in its panel firmware--only the installing vendor could access programming. Attractive to the alarm dealers and the users didn't know any better. I've always considered that unethical, but AFAIK, it's legal. Users bought and owned the equipment, but couldn't change dealers at will.

GotRobbed, instead of buying an old programmer off eBay, you can buy a Honeywell Vista-20P panel and 6160 keypad (or GE or DSC equivalent) for a comparable amount and always have control of your system.

TN DIY

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »
Look in the control for the program sheet, some installers used to put the code there. Otherwise it could be a 5 or 6 digit number, I still like this panel as it rarely died.