Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

158 Guests, 1 User
AlarmMike

Author Topic: DSC wireless security system?  (Read 1900 times)

doodguy

• View Profile
DSC wireless security system?
« on: January 19, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to price/piece out a DSC fully wireless security system. One catch is I want to use the Envisalink add-on card to be able to interface my Mi Casa Verde with Z-wave to control the system.

I have an existing DSC alarm system but my current house was pre-wired so I just tapped into the wires.

My new house has some difficult areas that I would rather not wire. I just want simple siren, glass break, door/window sensors, smoke alarms.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: DSC wireless security system?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:13:09 PM »
I think your are pretty limited with what system you can use with the EVL communicator.

If you can wire the siren and at least 1 keypad you can use a DSC power 1832 and do everything else wireless...

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »
If you're doing strictly wireless, I'd go with a PC1616.  Saves a couple dollars.  Gives you 6 on-board hardwire zones, expandable to 16 hardwire, and still 32 wireless zones.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

doodguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
Thanks guys,

So I like the look of the 1832, and those are easier to program than the 1616 right?

I would need the keypad, I need like a main board to attach the envisalink to right? Then I wire the keypad to the mainboard and the envisalink to the main board then I just connect the wireless sensors to the keypad right? And Each sensor is a zone or multiple sensors go into a zone?

Thanks!

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Not a dsc guy but here's what I believe...

1616 just has less hardwired zones and features than 1832 programming is probably the same..

You need to wire a keypad main board siren and power.  You also need a wireless receiver as its not built in to the base system.

If you get a 2 way transceiver vs a receiver you can add a wireless keypad like your Alexor has.

The evl connects on the key bus with the keypad.

Wireless sensors are registered and programmed into the panel. Each sensor uses a zone.