Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

108 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: NVR information ????  (Read 3609 times)

invisioninc

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
NVR information ????
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Not sure if anyone monitors this Video Recorder forum, but thought I would give it a try.  I am looking for a solution to record ~30 days of data from 6 POE IP cameras and 4 IP wireless cameras.  The cameras are 1280 x 960 and 1280 x 800 resolution @ 15 FPS.  Would like to view and search data on my Mac OS computer.  The cameras are currently setup with viewing software on my Mac, iPad and iPhone, it is really all about recording data and cycling 30 days or so.

I would appreciate any leads on good solutions to accomplish this.

Thanks,

M

Jonathan

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NVR information ????
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
What is your budget? Also, what's the manufacture and model of the cameras?

invisioninc

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
No sure about budget.  Looks like I see NVRs in the $600 - $1300 range.  Camers are Vivotek and Cisco. 

Thanks for the reply.

M

Jonathan

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:20 PM »
No problem.

take a look at the Hikvision NVR from Nelly's security.

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/recorders/nvrs/16-or-more-channels/hikvision-ds-7716ni-sp-16-16-channel-poe-plug-n-play-hi-def-nvr-recorder-294.html

As long as those cameras are ONVIF compliant I'm going to assume it will work. I've used Dahua cameras on the Hikvision NVR without a problem. 

Do not order the NVR with a hard drive, its always overpriced. Instead order a western digital red NAS drive from amazon. You're probably going to want to purchase at least 1 4TB drive.

Do you plan on recording these cameras 24/7 or using motion detection?

You might be better off posting your question  in this forum http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?board=35.0
They will most likely be able to answer your question better than I can.

If I were you, I would sell those cameras and purchase the Hikvision 3MP cameras with the Hikvision NVR. The 3MP cost around $140.00 each depending on where you buy them.

sfcctvman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
I too am looking at this and am considering the Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 (or DS-7708NI-SP/8, if I can find one). I want to buy it without HDDs (and separately get 2 Seagate Surveillance 4TB HDDs). Can you please tell me which file system to format the HDDs? What OS/firmware does Hikvision use (and how to install it)?  What NVR software is included with the Hikvision NVR, or do we need to buy that separately?

Price for the DS-7716 is quoted at $599  right now:
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/hikvision-ds-7716ni-sp-16-16-channel-poe-plug-n-play-hi-def-nvr-recorder-327.html

I also want to be able to view and manage it from my Mac.

Jonathan

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 05:56:33 PM »
I too am looking at this and am considering the Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 (or DS-7708NI-SP/8, if I can find one). I want to buy it without HDDs (and separately get 2 Seagate Surveillance 4TB HDDs). Can you please tell me which file system to format the HDDs? What OS/firmware does Hikvision use (and how to install it)?  What NVR software is included with the Hikvision NVR, or do we need to buy that separately?

Price for the DS-7716 is quoted at $599  right now:
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/hikvision-ds-7716ni-sp-16-16-channel-poe-plug-n-play-hi-def-nvr-recorder-327.html

I also want to be able to view and manage it from my Mac.

You don't need to format the hard drives, just install them into the NVR. The NVR already comes installed with the software that it requires for use. Firmware can be downloaded and updated if needed. I'm pretty sure the NVR comes with PC software that can be used to manage the NVR.

Stay away from Seagate hard drives, I've had bad experiences with them. I prefer Western digital Red or Purple drives.

invisioninc

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
Well still looking for a NVR with at least 4TB and wired gigabit RG45.  Since I have all  Mac OS and IOS computers and devices it seems it has to have a web interface.  I have 8 Vivotek HD IP cameras One is a 2MP and the rest are 1MP (3 Wireless and 5 POE).  I also have a portable Cisco PTZ indoor camera that I use occasionally. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

micheal

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
call  this company http://www.lowvoltagesupply.com/, probably they can help you.