Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

148 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Napco MA2600 reporting mix-up  (Read 1925 times)

jrscpu2004

• View Profile
Napco MA2600 reporting mix-up
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
Hello,
    I had in the past asked questions about my new NAPCO MA2600 but lately it's been doing a strange thing when reporting.
The FIRE trouble is being seen at Slomin's Security Monitoring as a burglary alarm and all Burglary Alarms are being reported
as Fire Trouble. Slomin's show all my PIR Zone, Door Switch Info correctly, but they see it as being a Fire Code. The opposite
is being triggered for the Fire Zone and it's being reported as a Burglar alarm.
    I've got an alarm person coming in but I've got to think it might be a simple programming error during the Keypad programming
portion was done. The alarm person said he has seen that being an Cablevision Optimum On-line user that this sometimes reverse
the signals too, but he will come in about a weeks time.
   Does anyone know what might the possible solution here might be?? Thank you again!

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: Napco MA2600 reporting mix-up
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »
A few things need to be checked.

1.  Report format.  Is it Contact ID or is it pulse format like 4+2?   If it's a pulse format, the report codes for each event to be reported (fire, burglary, trouble, etc) need to match what central station has on file.  Going by the Napco defaults, if the fire trouble report code is F1, the fire report code is 11, and the burglary report codes are 31 to 38, the central station's info needs to match that.  This is very possibly what's wrong.  Many central stations have a 4+2 template that will automatically match certain codes to predefined events, and if the 4+2 codes aren't loaded properly, the receiver will fall back to the template and show whatever data the template indicates.  I don't recall off-hand if the MA2600 can do Contact ID format.  If it can, it should be switched from any of the pulse formats to Contact ID.

2.  While some IP-based telephone lines can "miss" signals by the transmission being garbled between the panel and the CS receiver, it's very, very difficult to swallow the idea of signals being "switched".  That sounds like an "I don't know and I can't explain it" answer from a lick-and-stick wireless system installer trying to run a service call.

It will help to have the "raw data" from the transmissions in question, these are available from the central station.   a quick look at the raw data will let the trained eye know the format it transmitted, and the exact data the receiver saw. 
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

jrscpu2004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:31:46 AM »
Thank you for replying!

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »
It will help to have the "raw data" from the transmissions in question, these are available from the central station.   a quick look at the raw data will let the trained eye know the format it transmitted, and the exact data the receiver saw.
This is the most important thing as it shows exactly what the panel sent and in what format. After the data is received it goes through the station's software and a simple cryptic code is converted to "fire trouble" and pops up on an operator's screen. The operators only know what comes up on their screens, you need to talk to the geek at the station who programs that software that interprets the signals.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.