PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

131 Guests, 2 Users
ChosunOne,
JED

Author Topic: FYI: Visonic Powerlink Web Service Discontinued  (Read 17035 times)

TheAirman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: FYI: Visonic Powerlink Web Service Discontinued
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2016, 08:25:37 PM »
anyone have a work around on my visonic app? (android / ios)

I see something like this
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11134

Thanks for sharing that link.  Try as I may, I can't get the My Visonic app to work.  I even tried the new updated app (Response Alarms) with no luck.

I noticed when I log on to the Powerlink 2 locally at 192.168.1.200, on the "setup" page, everytime I enter the Powerlink ID number, when I come back, it's gone and replaced with "ID".  This just happened to change for me in the last few weeks.  The My Visonic app worked great up until then.

Everytime I go to "home.visonic.com/panel-ID#, it is now unregistered due to the fact the panel ID number will not stay linked to the Powerlink.

It's become so frustrating, and there is no support from Tyco/Visonic because they don't care.  There's a whole lot of people who bought Visonic for a self monitored system and the company has abandoned us.  There are now other self motored systems out there, so there is hope if you want to spend the money.

But since Visonic?Tyco does not support there former customers, I try to spread the work to others to not support them and spend your money elsewhere.

TheAirman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »
I finally got the My Visonic app to work really well on both the iPhone and iPad.  I used the new one by Response Alarms.  Try as I did, I could not get the old one to work no matter what I did.  The old app is by Zemingo.

I am not a computer whiz, so I'm really not sure why the old one does not work.  I think it has to do with the IPMP address and the fact the Powerlink will no longer hold an Powerlink ID number.

Not really sure what I did, or if I needed to keep all the ports I have open but here's what a layman did.

-First, I kept port 443 on my router open, and Port Forward my PowerLink2 in my Visonic.  Not really sure if I still need to, though.
-Next I signed up for a Dynamic DNS account.  There are many, ans some are free ones and some are pay.  Not really sure of the difference yet, but so far I chose the free one.  In trying to get that to work I found I must open port 8080, and I did this through the "Remote Administration" setting in my router.
- In my router I set up the "Personal Domain Name" setting with the Dynamic DNS account setting I just created.  This sends  my changing home IP address to the Dynamic DNS service so everytime I enter my new personal domain name, ie.
( personaldomainname.website.com:8080) it went right to my router and I could access my Powerlink.
- I was half way there.  But it only would access my Powerlink when I was inside my local network, inside my house.  When I used any computer any where else, I could access my router remotely, but not my Powerlink.
- So finally I put the IP address of my Powerlink shown in my router under a DMZ Host.  Now all I do is enter my personal domain name in any browser and my PowerLink log in screen pops up with the user name and password.
- Also in the new My Visonic app, I just enter my personal domain name and use port 80 and it points right to the PowerLink login screen.

Now I can access my cameras and alarm remotely trough the app or any computer.  Thanks for nothing Visonic/Tyco.

Petardo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 07:54:13 AM »
Hello,

On the subject of the application My visonic for android, comment that to me it does not work in terminals with android 6, but if with previous versions.

j_internet

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Hi,

This does suck as I have has Visonic for a few years and it has worked great.  I do not want to use Pi at this time. 

Is there any generic Central Station software that I can load on Windows that I can use to get alerts then sent emails out ? 

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:41:06 AM by j_internet »

phc606

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm trying to get the email service working and have been following Junavs instructions.
I plan to make use of a Synology server to run the scripts etc, and that side of things seems to be working ok, however i'm not getting any emails even though everything 'looks ok'

however I think I've found a new issue with this proposed configuration. my Panel also has a GSM module fitted, and whenever i configure the IP address to my synology server (for emails etc) that seems to cause an 'communication failure' report on the panel. Could the panel be trying to talk to the IP over GSM perhaps and thus hitting an error? for the moment I've removed the gsm board and that seems to have resolved this communication error, but i'm still not getting the email to flow.

any ideas suggestions?

XYZ123

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
Hi guys,

First time poster.

I am confused about all this. I plan to buy the PowerMax Pro or similar, and I want to use the Visonic Go app. Does this all mean that the app will not be able to communicate with the panel? The app is still on the Play Store (android). Why didn't they remove it then?

I own currently a PowerMax (basic) monitored by NextAlarm vi a broadband adapter. It works OK except that for some reason, it does not want to pick up calls. I can get all outgoing messages but I cannot arm and disarm remotely through the NextAlarm site (the adapter mimics a phone ringing). This is the reason I am looking for a new panel.

Dandy-Power

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »
Hello,

does this script work also with a Visonic Powermaster 30?

i would have my own server :-)

CART0410

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »
Hi

I installed my Powermax pro 5 years ago along with many extra sensors. I was really bummed to see them take the server down. We still arm the system when we are home for piece of mind but have no way to monitor it when we are away. I can across this blog when I was looking for a solution. Is anyone offering access to a server for Powermax? I thought about building my own but I think it is just outside of my skill set and I dont really have the time to learn. Please help. Thank you

CART0410

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2017, 09:10:53 PM »
Hi

Is anyone aware of a new server address for the Powermax Pro that Tyco is now offering?

sapphal

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »
Just to clarify the situation with the Visonic/Tyco app and the server.

As posters know, the Visonic server in Israel was taken down.  Compatible severs (PowerManage) are available from Visonic (at considerable cost) which can connect both the Powermax and Powermaster systems using the GSM350PG2 or powerlink2 (PowerMax) or powerLink3 (Powermaster) Modules to the VisonicGO App.

We are a UK based company and own one of the PowerManage servers.  We have a dedicated IP address for this and currently charge a small annual connection fee, which allows users to control and self-monitor their system.

HTH

Taco

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 05:19:42 PM »

We are a UK based company and own one of the PowerManage servers.  We have a dedicated IP address for this and currently charge a small annual connection fee, which allows users to control and self-monitor their system.

HTH

Hello Sapphal, I think the users of this forum (myself included) would appreciate a little more information about your company, and what exactly is a "small annual connection fee"?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:24:31 AM by Taco »

tcmac

• View Profile

hello_hello

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
Is there anyone else that is currently successfully using their own in house email server to send out the PL2 emails? I have my web server configured and even managed to get a flurry of emails the first time I pointed the panel to my webserver. But then everything stopped. The Panel displays the COMM. FAILURE message after about a minute. From which I have not been able to recover from, unless I pull out the batteries and power connection.
Clearly the panel was able to post the events to my notify.php script. But whatever is telling the panel that the server is up, is not responding in a fashion that the panel can understand i.e. update.php.

Hoping someone is able to tell me.
1. How do I recover from a COMM. FAILURE error without having to open the panel, disconnect the batteries and power supply.
2. Do you have a working update.php and notify.php that you could share with me?
3. What settings have you added on the panel and PL2 for reporting?

hello_hello

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
Answering my own questions. Sadly no one decided to help me, so had to figure a lot of this myself.

1. I found that there appears to be no easy way to recover from a COMM. FAILURE error, except for killing the power.
2. The previously shared versions of update.php and notify.php do indeed work fine.
3. What got me stuck was the fact that because I didn't put my server in both the IP receiver 1 and IP receiver 2, it was the missing IP receiver 2 that was causing the COMM. FAILURE. It doesn't make much sense but the moment I added the same server IP address in both fields, I don't get the COMM. FAILURE.

A few more things I found out.
The ka_time is the Keep Alive time interval in seconds. You can increase this if you don't want the panel to make a connection to the server too often. The previous Visonic servers used 50 seconds. The new Tyco ones use 5 seconds.
The allow field determines if you have a valid subscription to monitoring service or not. 0 = Yes, 1 = No.
There appears to be some significance of the status field too. 0 was what Visonic used to send back. Tyco sends back 4.
If the update.php returns an id field (not currently returned), the Powerlink updates its own ID with the field you pass it. Useful to use when checking if your panel is actually processing the reply back from update.php.
There is a further request_for_connection field that comes back from the Tyco servers with value SCM. Don't know what that is for.

Testing the update.php is easy and already covered above. Testing notify.php is a bit harder. I wrote an easy script using CURL that posts the XML data to notify.php.

Hope this information helps someone else.

camiintreb

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
Could someone send me this document? It loos it worked for some folks and VISONIC can send again emails :)

Hello amigos.

I own a PowerMax Pro panel with a PowerLink2 module.
Few weeks, I received the email from Tyco-Visonic informing about the imminent shutdown of its email event notification service. Like other members of this forum I think it was (is) an essential element of the PowerMax “autonomous” alarm reporting system.
With the effective shutdown of this service powerlink module will not be able to address email messages to the powermax owners’ mailbox. So it is necessary to find another way: emulate the Visonic IPMP server.
After several hours “wiresharking” IP traffic between PL2 and Visonic IPMP server (212.179.58.186),  I could see that PL2 send every 50s an http (GET) call through 8080 port to a php script in the Visonic server (http://212.179.58.186:8080/scritpts/update.php). Visonic server respond with a string of data. It must be a keep-alive (or heartbeat) mechanism.
When an event occur, PL2 send an http (POST) call through 8080 port to an another php script in the Visonic server (http://212.179.58.186:8080/scritpts/notify.php) carrying a XML data stream. This call must be responded with another XML data stream.
So I thought that emulating the answers of these PHP scripts will be possible to stablish the proper connection between PL2 and another notification server under PowerMax owner control.
After several tests, finally I managed to receive email events without the intervention of Visonic’s server.
After observing the traffic between Visonic server and my PL2 I have successfully build a new server in my house, which emulates the Visonic´s and send notifications by e-mail.
The new server (for example a Raspberry) requires Apache with PHP where two scripts emulate Visonic IPMP protocol. I've installed an e-mail client (sSMTP). The Apache server must be configured to listen (also) on port 8080. The mail client connects to a mail server MTA (I have used gmail) where you must create an account (for example myalarm@gmail.com). The script notify.php send mails appointed for the mailboxes specified in the Powerlink2 web interface. These mailboxes will receive mail from myalarm@gmail.com instead of home@visonic.com. Receipt of the notification is even faster than it was from Visonic.
I made an attempt to use a local mail server (MTA) own domain, properly configuring the server and the DNS of my domain, but the problem is that the main mail services (hotmail, gmail) prevent receiving emails from dynamic IPs (eg mine). So I decided to use gmail as MTA.

People that will be interested can download a first version of a document where I try to describe my solution for mail notifications. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2zkjko0ihhfvcm/Configuring%20an%20in-house%20notification%20service%20for%20Visonic%20PowerLink2.pdf?dl=0

Saludos cordiales.