Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

137 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: What brand IP cam system do you guys use?  (Read 1452 times)

troutdog

• Security Pro
  • If it makes sense, your doing it wrong
    • View Profile
What brand IP cam system do you guys use?
« on: April 12, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
We mainly install Flir, Samsung and a few EverFocus IP systems that we have been happy with. I just wanted to see what you guys like to use that your very happy with. I've been leaning towards WatchDog tho I've never used them. Should I stick with my same brands or go off the beaten path,  Thanks

sylvaing

• Security Expert
    • View Profile
Re: What brand IP cam system do you guys use?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:37:02 AM »
At work, Axis cameras connected to a Genetec SecurityCenter system. Expensive but does a good job (we have over 250 cameras) connected to 4 servers. We also have a few Panasonic 360 degrees HD cameras.

At home/cottage, TrendNet cameras and its recording/viewing software. You can get sub $100 Wireless HD cameras (on sales) that does Pan/Tilt and digital Z. Their free software can record up to 32 cameras onto the same server. Last TrendNET camera I bought was last November and paid $91 CND for a TV-IP862IC from DirectCanada.com and no shipping cost. The TV-IP862IC is a HD (720p) Wireless Day/Night PTZ Infrared Cloud Camera with Motion Detection  Cloud is just to view the camera video feed without having to configure port redirecting on your router. It does NOT record on the cloud.

securitydude123

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:03:21 AM »
I will service anything but will inly install flir. Plug and play is a dream. App networking is so easy... price is reasonable. Tech support usually answers within 5 minutes. Amazing systems. Stick with the flir kits...
"Don't be a prisoner of your own style"

sneak-shopper

• View Profile
    • sneakerstudio.com
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:40:04 AM »
I use only at home, work is not needed as I distance work, but after got B&Ed, installed a Logi Circle - small and inconspicuous.

It works fine, anyways, I browsed through some online 2017 tests of cams - but I don't know if it would work when there's a real deal at home again. Do you have some thoughts on Logi?