Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

43 Guests, 1 User
Flyct

Author Topic: Feel safer when got a security system installed  (Read 2157 times)

aprilyang

• View Profile
Feel safer when got a security system installed
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:13:29 AM »
the story started like this. After graduation i started my work in LA and lived alone. i thought of getting an alarm system and my parents asked me to do that too, but i was not that serious about it. One day, i received a call, telling me that someone was in my house. i was worried and rushed into home, finding out that my house got robbed. I knew if i will not sleep well and worried my home would be robbed again if i don't buy a security system.. so i went to looking into local stores and searched online, and finally got one. pretty easy to install. now i feel safe again. and i can have a good sleep at night. a security camera may cost you much, but don't have one will cost you more. from this experience, i also learned some security cameras self-installing knowledge. if anyone is interested, i would like to share.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:16:07 AM by aprilyang »

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Feel safer when got a security system installed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 02:20:51 PM »
All the people with alarm systems love people like you that don't have them because that means our houses are less likely to get hit if there are easier targets close by.

Anyway your alarm can help keep you safer and notify you sooner and possibly scare away the person but it won't 100% prevent you from ever getting robbed or broken into again.

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »
Anyway your alarm can help keep you safer and notify you sooner and possibly scare away the person but it won't 100% prevent you from ever getting robbed or broken into again.

It may not be 100% preventative but it comes real close, especially if you have signs displayed announcing an alarm system.

I have a friend who was hit twice in 2 months before installing an alarm.

His 13 year old daughter came home from school, she entered the house, went to the bathroom with the door open while the bad guys were in the house. She didn't know why the electronics were piled by the back door.

She exited the house to get the mail and when she turned back saw 2 guys in the house.  She went to neignbors, called police but they got away. 2 months later thieves struck again. 

I don't know how many alarms are sold immediately after a break in but it had to be high.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:17:00 PM by Flyct »

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »
The sign does 98% of the work and your neighbours without an alarm/sign do the other 1%... Then you have the 1% that don't give a crap if you have an alarm or not but you usually have to flash something expensive or leave a door or window open or something to get that kind of attention.

I think most people who don't believe in having an alarm come over (and sometimes go overboard) after a break in.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 09:03:08 PM »
I have never had a break-in but only got installed a system when my anxious wife kept nagging. 

I grudgingly admit an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure, but I think we paid at least a half-pound of prevention.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »
I've never had a home break in... I've had garages broken into and then alarms added to it...

I've always had an alarm so it seems weird to me being in a home without one.   I'm pretty accustom to the chime.

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
I've always had an alarm so it seems weird to me being in a home without one.   I'm pretty accustom to the chime.

Same here. It's amazing how conditioned you can get.

My daughter has the chime turned off on the Vista 20P I installed in her house. It makes me uncomfortable not hearing a chime when a door is opened.

I can't imagine not having an alarm to set as we exit the house.

I can't imagine going to bed at night without setting the alarm.

HomeSecurityList

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • Home Security List
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »
I completely agree with the OP that most people select home security system only then when they felt the brunt. In fact, I was going through a blog post recently that showed identity thief caught on camera taking pics of documents, and old credit cards. This is serious. Here’s the link https://www.homesecuritylist.com/handy-com-identity-thief-caught-on-camera-taking-pics-of-documents-old-credit-cards-and-more/ . Until and unless you have a security camera you would have known or identified the culprit. This is where home security systems come handy. In fact, you can also go through the specific state regarding break-ins and other criminal activity statistics (https://www.homesecuritylist.com/sources-for-crime-statistics-in-the-united-states/) to know how important it is for every person to have home security system in place.
With home security system reviews of HomeSecurityList, you can make the best decision for your home and money.

HomeSecurityList

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • Home Security List
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 04:43:55 PM »
"
I can't imagine not having an alarm to set as we exit the house. I can't imagine going to bed at night without setting the alarm.

Setting an alarm while going out is certainly a good habit. It's a must thing both while you're going out or when you're going to bed! Who knows, what the prying eyes can see!"
With home security system reviews of HomeSecurityList, you can make the best decision for your home and money.

cynthia123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 03:54:40 AM »
Glad that you installed a security system. It makes people feel safer. I am also trying to get one.