Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

140 Guests, 1 User
AlarmMike

Author Topic: Wi-Fi outdoor camera needed  (Read 2010 times)

skubaman

• View Profile
Wi-Fi outdoor camera needed
« on: June 15, 2016, 04:43:47 PM »
Hi,

I have been planning to increase security of my home since there has been an increase in property crime in my city. I am looking at alarm systems and monitoring, but also interested in having a camera over my garage door and another at the front door.

Since my attic space is very narrow, I don't want to to pay electrician to run wires to a recording device. It would be time consuming and get expensive. So I thought wireless cameras would be better. I do have dropcams/nest on my kids rooms and they work very well. But putting 2 more would require me to pay $15 a month for cloud recording. I have looked at Arlo, which has free cloud recording, but those would get triggered by motion all the time and batteries would run out.

I want to be able to record at night, which means they need to sit outside. I am Ok with motion activated if they start recording rather quickly. And I would like an inexpensive solution for storing video for at least a week. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

Aakriti Roy

• View Profile
Re: Wi-Fi outdoor camera needed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »
I need a wi-fi outdoor camera in my home. Which keep myself and my family safe.So thank you very much for this.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
Do you have a light out there?
You can buy a light socket screw in base that will give you a plug and a socket for a light bulb as long as it will fit your fixture.

You can then leave the switch on all the time and get a cheap connected light bulb that you can control via a remote or a phone... That will solve your power problems, you can get a wifi outdoor camera and then you won't need data wires.

Or if you can get into your attic space yourself you can make a small hole for a piece of cat-5 and get a POE camera.

HomeSecurityList

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
    • Home Security List
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
In my thought you have to go for  Transmission Frequency:2.4GHz. Transmission Frequency2.4GHz. Night vision camera:Yes. Night Vision Range(m):15. Camera Type:1/3 Inch CMOS 380 TV Line. Night vision cameraYes.
With home security system reviews of HomeSecurityList, you can make the best decision for your home and money.