Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

40 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Trying to reuse a pro installed NX-6-V2 system  (Read 3358 times)

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to reuse a pro installed NX-6-V2 system
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
You have no end of line resistors in circuit for zones 1 through 5 - either change the zone definitions to eliminate the need for EOL resistors, or install some in series with the zone wiring.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

mordor417

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 03:49:40 AM »
Alright, I added resistors and the zones are working accordingly. I already programmed them to my liking. One problem I ran into is that in STAY mode my delayed entry zones doesn't trigger the alarm immediately. According to my 1448e manual, two presses on the STAY key should enable instant mode which should also illuminate the icon as well. I looked around the NX-6 manual, and found Location 23, Segment 2 containing options to turn on instant mode. How exactly do you turn it on/off? As in what number to I input that correspond to on/off? Also, which should do the trick better, automatic instant or instant mode toggle (which I assume will require 2x STAY key presses)?

mordor417

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 02:25:18 AM »
Okay, I apologize for something so simple. I took the time and went through the manual and found the part I missed. I have instant mode enabled now. Now for any reason after enabling it, when setting the system in AWAY mode, it now bypasses my motion sensor and becomes stay mode. I turned off instant mode, and it still did the same thing. I touched nothing else. Basically, I arm in away mode, let the delay timer go down, after it does, the STAY and BYPASS light turns on with my motion sensor being bypassed. It was working fine before, the zone that I have my motion sensor is programmed on autobypass. I don't understand why it's suddenly doing this, I know I can manually bypass it, but the autobypass is there for a reason.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 03:49:00 PM »
Turn off auto stay/away
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

Pelican

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »
Go to Location 23 and turn off option 3 in Segment 1

This is your auto-stay option which will auto bypass a motion detector zone until you leave thru one of the doors set with a delay timer on it.

mordor417

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 08:43:15 PM »
Awesome, that works. Thanks guys, I think I got it all figured out from here on. Now to add the wireless portion.

increa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »
My house has a GE NX-6-V2 control panel and a NX-1448E keypad. All the wires were disconnected when I moved in. I hooked up the cable, keypad, and the motion sensor. However, the keypad (NX-1448E) beeps non-stop. When I hit a key, it will stop, and then after a couple seconds start beeping again. I hit *8 and entered the default installer code 9713 and it got rid of the enter code prompt. However I noticed the "Service" text blinking and then a couple seconds later it started beeping non-stop again. I looked at the manual and online, but I couldn't find what the non-stop beeping means. Not sure if 9713 is the right installer code, but it did rid of the prompt. I'm assuming the keypad is still locked out as it has no service as indicated by its blinking text. Anyone have any insight on this? I really want to reuse this system.

Could be very simple.  If you don't have monitoring service or don't have an active phone line connected to the system, that would cause it to repeatedly start beeping even after you silence it.  It might not be a hardware problem at all.  If this is the case, get back to me and I'll let you know what programming locations to change to make the system tolerant of the situation.

RichardFaire

• View Profile
    • Лечение спины
Trying to reuse a pro installed NX 6 V2 s
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »
It works. Thank you very much

I was looking for the libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work.