Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

67 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: System Sensor RRS-MOD with XT30?  (Read 731 times)

djm227

• Security Master
    • View Profile
System Sensor RRS-MOD with XT30?
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:27:10 AM »
Has anybody wired an RRS-MOD to an XT30 with 2WTA-B smokes w/sounders?

I hooked it up just as in the System Sensor diagram, but I can't get the RRS to trigger off of the bell output.  Right now I have output 1 wired to a relay which kicks constant power to the RRS, but I feel like I should be able to get it to work with the bell output.

DMP also has a diagram in the XT30 manual, but they have a 2W-MOD2 in between the RRS and the panel which I don't have.  I don't see why it would be necessary...it's not mentioned at all in the RRS manual.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: System Sensor RRS-MOD with XT30?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:16:27 PM »
I'm no expert on this topic, but....

Is it possible your system is giving a pulsed temporal pattern on the bell output when a fire alarm is triggered?  That may be throwing off the RRS module.

Check if you are getting a constant siren during fire alarms, try setting off a burg alarm and see if that trips the RRS....

It's also possible your panel has a speaker driver built in and it's actually outputting audio which could cause the thing not to work properly, you can check the bell output with a voltmeter and see if the voltage is constant...

kcxj

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: System Sensor RRS-MOD with XT30?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:10:59 AM »
This panel outputs a 12 volt, pulsed output, which will trigger the reversing relay.  Make sure you are using the 470 ohm resistor as per the DMP schematic.