Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

59 Guests, 1 User
spotcatbug

Author Topic: Compass and newest Windows 10 anniversary update  (Read 904 times)

centauri61032

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Compass and newest Windows 10 anniversary update
« on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:26 PM »
Hey all.
Has anyone has any issues using Compass since the new Windows 10 update rolled out?
My Compass was working fine before the update. But since the update, it is doing strange things.
For example...  today I used to to 'download all to panel' (to add some new zones).
Compass connected fine, did the initial status poll, then started to do the download as expected.
But about the tine the download should have been complete, it just started to do panel polling over and over.
The little indicator symbol on Compass showed that the download was still in progress, but not complete.
After a while, I went ahead and disconnected. And I checked the system via the keypad, and found the download DID finish correctly.
Again, Compass was working fine before the latest WIN10 upgrade.
Any ideas??
Thanks!

Dino

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Compass and newest Windows 10 anniversary update
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »
I have been using Compass and Windows 10 since it came out and I haven't noticed and issues.

Thanks!
Dino

beargfr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
Same here.  Commands appear to work on Win 10 but never actually finish.  There's a Compass update out for Windows 10, but I've not yet been able to actually find a copy of the update file.
Doc that talks about it is here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=21&ved=0ahUKEwjP3pPy9ZHZAhXBk1kKHSmrCEUQFgitATAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Flibrary.ademconet.com%2FMWT%2Ffs2%2FCMP2012ADCD%2FCompass-20-Interactive-Download-Document.PDF&usg=AOvVaw04Mpbfw1J0vlBC55hoo3pt

Rob

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:54:29 PM »
Funny.  I was wondering why an upload seemed to hang up and disconnect just as I read this.

Compass fails to impress me.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

jimmacdougal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »
Hi, I am self-installing with a Vista 128BPT rev. 11.4 panel.

I successfully located & installed Compass 2.2.7.5 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and am able to make a working direct-serial connection through the header on the alarm panel.

Everything's working OK with Compass but I would like to upgrade to the latest Compass revision which I believe is 2.2.31.4.  Would someone mind PM'ing me a link where I can locate the updater? I am not able to register for a Honeywell MyWebTech account to download it directly.