Products on

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

121 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: NX-8E RS-232 Serial Communication with Raspberry Pi Web Interface  (Read 1352 times)

• View Profile
I'm working on a project and thought you might be interested.  See  Let me know what information would be useful for you.  If you have information or references that might help me, please let me know.

I'm connecting a Raspberry Pi 3 interface ($40) with my NX-8E home alarm system ($55 used from eBay).  It will use the RS-232 communication built on the NX-8E main controller board, and communicate to the outside world via LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) running on the Raspberry Pi.

Initially, I want to generate time-history of all the security zones and auxiliary outputs, which also shows overall system status (unarmed, EXIT armed, STAY armed, alarmed status, tampered status).

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: NX-8E RS-232 Serial Communication with Raspberry Pi Web Interface
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »
Although i have done a similar VB6 software , using an RS232 (and added some RS232-TCPIP converter to use it over internet) ,

i now purchased NX-595E which provides enough access via Web interface , DL900(tcpip), and Android/Iphone apps.

I suggest you to look at this board , it is very full of features (does all the things you need) and is not too expensive for what it does.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:16:26 PM by LakisFM1 »