Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

61 Guests, 1 User
RBEBY

Author Topic: Need info on compatible entrance camera for hook-up to the NX-595E module.  (Read 1658 times)

eusernm

• View Profile
In the wiring structure (Fig. 8) of the NX-595E module installation manual, it shows that 2 entrance cameras (E1 & E2) can be connected. Could anyone advise on compatible front door cameras (with doorbell and intercom are great, too) that I can use?

Thanks in advance.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Need info on compatible entrance camera for hook-up to the NX-595E module.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »
I'm guessing you are not in North America, because the 595 we get here has been lobotomised and supports none of the really neat stuff that the International version does, like the voice guidance and notification via dial-up and the camera support - according to my rep it's because they don't want to encroach on the feature set for their Alarms.com offering.  Of course that also explains why the support person I contacted over some strangeness in the IP support told me that they have seen 'very few' of them installed here.

The European version has the voice interface abilities, but I suspect no camera support.

One reason is that the device was designed by the Australian licensee for the Networx product line - they did this board and they did the 1800 series keypads - and a lot of functionality was stripped out of the product when UTC bought them out.  There simply may never have been a camera available.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:22:06 AM by bramfrank »
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

eusernm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »
From what you disclosed, the competition appears to be not keen on a UTC/Interlogix "all-in-one" product.

"... they don't want to encroach on the feature set for their Alarms.com offering." I did not know that Alarms.com is a UTC sister company.

Thanks for this tidbit of information. Perhaps I can just exploit some kind of "trigger" mechanism either from the NX-595E or from an external camera.

Thanks again!

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 08:21:59 PM »
They make OEM products for larger providers who use alarms.com - they also manufacture about 80% of the wireless sensor hardware that is used by the majors in the industry.  But as far as I know they have no equity in Alarms.com.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:22:51 AM by bramfrank »
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.