PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

149 Guests, 2 Users
fremont611,
Cultcab

Author Topic: Wireless capability DSC PC832  (Read 735 times)

George_Sampson

• View Profile
Wireless capability DSC PC832
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:09:09 AM »
Hello,

I currently own a DSC PC832 alarm system. I'm hoping to add wireless capability to the system so that I can install an additional keypad and some more magnetic contact sensors. Does anybody have recommendations for a device to add wireless capability to the system, a wireless keypad, and wireless door/window contacts?

Thanks for any help! Happy to clarify any details as well.

All the best,

George

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless capability DSC PC832
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:30:19 AM »
Couple things...

When you refer to a PC832, it sounds like you're referring to the old Power 832 which is actually the PC5010.  The PC5010 was replaced by the current model which is the PC1832.  So I ask that you confirm the model number of your system.

By wireless keypad, are you looking for a wire-free keypad that talks to the panel via wireless?  Or are you looking for a hardwired keypad that has a wireless receiver built into it so that you can add wireless devices?

That said...

If it is the older PC5010, you will need to upgrade your panel to the PC1832 and add a TR5164 2-way receiver if you're looking to add a wire-free keypad.  If you're looking to simply add a hardwire keypad with a receiver built in, then you can simply add an RFK55xx keypad to your existing panel.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011