Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

66 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Ademco Vista 4140xm question  (Read 1247 times)

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ademco Vista 4140xm question
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
There's probably a reason it's advertised as 9 bucks a month... I'm sure they do a fine job of calling you if there's a problem, but if you want top notch CS you may have to spend a little more...

rudyjr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »
There's probably a reason it's advertised as 9 bucks a month... I'm sure they do a fine job of calling you if there's a problem, but if you want top notch CS you may have to spend a little more...

Roger that! Well I think I know who I am going to use for the monitoring, since they were able to actually answer questions and give me a price. Since I have to replace my existing smokes with new two wire smokes I was thinking of using System Sensor 2W-B's are these OK?

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2017, 08:16:41 PM »
Should be fine.

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2017, 12:50:04 AM »
Thanks for the information. This is the second time I have reached out to Alarm Relay. I sent them an email from their contact page requesting pricing information based on my communication path choices and never received any kind of response. The first time I contacted them was by phone and I talked with a young lady in customer service who could not give me a definitive answer on pricing. Not overly impressed at this point.

I've been using Alarm Relay at 2 homes since December 2104. . I had no issue getting pricing on the phone.

Both homes have a 20P with an IPDatatel dual communicator Ip/cellular. I went with ipdatatel because the only reliable cellular service at these homes is Verizon and GSM doesn't work.

Pricing was as follows for 1st yr $238.40 break down below;
$35 one time programming fee with tech online to program my Vista 20P and IPDatatel cbat.
$8.95/mo paid annually for basic monitoring and CS via pots phone line
$7.00/mo extra for cellular and IP monitoring
$1.00/mo for interactive service = remote web page iPhone app access and ability to set up text and email alerts on the fly.

2nd year price goes up $1/mo or $215.40 (no programming fee)

3rd year price goes up $1/mo or $12 extra/yr
4th + year no price change.

They sold me the IPDatatel communicator $179 for hard wired and $199 for wifi/hardwired

Excellent CS. Very fast response.
Excellent customer service.  If I add zone I just send them an email and they reply to my original email to confirm my identity.

If I need an Alarm Certificate for homeowners insurance discount they email me one. 

I highly recommend them for a DIY user.

rudyjr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 09:25:12 PM »
Should be fine.
Thanks for your help. I have a 21ip on its way with a 6160 keypad, a 4219 zone expander, and two smokes as well as an overhead door contact for starters for the garage. I know the wiring end of this will be no problem but the programming might be a little challenging. Thank you for all of the help with everything.

rudyjr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2017, 01:21:40 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to mount the 4219 zone expander inside of the control panel? My old system had the zone expander mounted right on the main board. I was curious as to wether there was room to mount the 4219 circuit board in the can somewhere and if so ho to do it. My OCD in me just thinks it would look cleaner!

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
Depends what you have in there already... If you only have the main circuit and the battery you should have a ton of room.. Usually when you mount something in the panel you take the plastic case off and just mount the bare board with standoffs so it doesn't short out.

rudyjr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
Depends what you have in there already... If you only have the main circuit and the battery you should have a ton of room.. Usually when you mount something in the panel you take the plastic case off and just mount the bare board with standoffs so it doesn't short out.
Thats exactly what I would like to do. The 4219 didn't come with any standoffs do you happen to know where to get some?

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2017, 06:22:43 PM »
I'm sure you can get them online but I'd check your local hardware store first....