Products on

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

113 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: How long does the concord 4 wait for an answer after dialing the CS before fail.  (Read 765 times)

• View Profile
I have AT&T uverse internet and phone.  Phone is not POTS.  Concord 4 is roughly 4 years old and has worked flawlessly until the last few weeks.  It shows phone line failure on occasion now.  I notice that when I take a phone off hook, it takes about 2 seconds to get dial tone, but after dialing a number it takes from 5 to 15 seconds to hear the ring tone.  Doesn't matter if it is a local call or long distance.  Could it be timing out before getting the connection complete?  Does anyone know the delay it will tolerate before showing a phone line failure?

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Couldn't find any specs on comm fail times in the manual.  Other manufacturers are normally about 40 seconds from Off Hook to Hand Shake requirement.  I have a couple Concord 4's in the field that use a derivative of VOIP and it's nothing but trouble with those.  Customers refuse to switch to GSM or internet.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011