Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

147 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Wireless Cameras using VAM and no TC2  (Read 152 times)

frazzle

• Security Master
    • View Profile
Wireless Cameras using VAM and no TC2
« on: March 19, 2017, 12:26:17 AM »
I would like to be able to use wireless cameras through my VAM without accessing them through Total Connect 2. From what I'm reading there might be yet once again some problem doing this because of Honeywell's insistence that Quicktime be used. The manual says for wireless cameras to work, Quicktime must be installed on the device being used. Then they go on to say that Quicktime is not available for the android smartphone platform. It's also not available for the Google web browser either on my Windows computer. What gives with Honeywell, are they trying to force us all to buy iPhones or is this just a way to force people with android devices to subscribe to Total Connect 2. To me this just seems insane and extremely frustrating for us people that have no love for Apple! Anyway, has anyone out there had any success setting up their wireless cameras through the VAM using an android phone? Also any suggestions about what camera models work best with the VAM. I don't have any cameras yet but I also don't want to buy one just to find out it's not configurable with my smartphone's android system.

Guyfromhe

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless Cameras using VAM and no TC2
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:14:07 AM »
I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&hl=en
To access my cameras on my phone.... If you don't have a Tux the camera integration probably isn't worth the trouble...

As far as which camera to get what is your budget?

I've heard good things about Hikvision and Geovision if you want to spend a little more money... On the other side of the spectrum there is Foscam and Wanscam which will give you enough detail to tell if something is going on in real time but probably won't be enough to identify who it is... Great for alarm verification and costs only like $35