Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

109 Guests, 3 Users
murphy62,
Std,
williakz

Author Topic: Ultraloq UL3 smart lever lock offers 5 keyless entry modes.  (Read 1369 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • Home Security Store
Yes, smart door locks are awesome, allowing you to open the door remotely, automatically, or any other darn time you want it to. Letís be honest, though Ė some of the people you live with will probably find the need to use their phone to open the door a bit of a nuisance. Thatís why the Ultraloq UL3 BT, pretty much, throws in the kitchen sink, providing you a litany of ways to disengage the locks exactly to your liking.

Like other smart locks, it uses Bluetooth to pair with your phone, allowing you to open the door by simply knocking on your phone twice. Yep, no need to launch an app, tap buttons, or even pull the phone out of your pocket Ė just knock on the phone twice and it disengages the locks automatically.

Of course, the Ultraloq UL3 BT also comes with a smartphone app (iOS and Android) where you can unlock the door, as well as review and manage both user activity and settings. Aside from Bluetooth, the smart lock also comes with a fingerprint sensor, as well as numeric password entry, so occupants can use whichever entry method they prefer. Up to 95 users can be given access to the lock, each with their own individual fingerprint record and password saved directly on the device. It even comes with a keyhole for the Luddite of the family, although itís placed in the bottom both to obscure from sight and make it harder to pick. Features include IP65 weatherproof rating, anti-peep password entry (you can press as many buttons as you want as long as the correct entry code is in there somewhere), and three AA batteries for power (good for up to 8,000 engagements).

Starting price: $159.99
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:21:50 PM by admin »

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ultraloq UL3 smart lever lock offers 5 keyless entry modes.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
Looks like they forgot the bathroom sink of Z-Wave.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:01 AM »
Good for those of you who can use it.  My phone doesn't have a manual key-lock feature--I have to wait long enough for the auto-key-lock feature to engage--and I canNOT handle it without pushing some button. When it rings, I usually "answer" my phone accidentally while it's still in the holster by accidentally tapping a button. Callers are usually saying, "Hello? Hello?" before I can get it to my ear.

I would undoubtedly unlock my door by accident, at least sometimes, if I had to use my phone anywhere near that lock. Does anybody else have this problem of accidentally tapping their phone when they move it? Or sit on it? Or brushing it in a holster/pocket against something? Or leaving it where the cat can (and therefore will) step on it?

troutdog

• Security Pro
  • If it makes sense, your doing it wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
Great info thank you. We usually use prox card readers with a 2000lb mag lock, PTE button and such. We have used these a few times though not this brand. I messed up one day and got one for a home to find out I couldn't install because it was hitting the dead bolt lock above it. I pay attention to this now.