Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

163 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fire Zone Question  (Read 751 times)

cfdff86

• View Profile
Fire Zone Question
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:30:57 AM »
I am looking to install a home security system.  I have planned out ideally what I would like to have but am having trouble finding the proper systems to make it work.  Ideally I would have 3 Fire Zones, Basement(4 smoke detectors with sounders and one heat detector for garage), 1st Floor(4 smoke detectors with sounders), Attic (2 hear detectors).  I would prefer to have the sounders on all detectors alarm regardless of zone on an activation.  I would additionally have 2 burglar zones and a siren.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Zone Question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:35:46 AM »
Any of the major brands out there will do the job.  DSC and Honeywell are the most common with support easily found.  You can go with 4-wire sensors but you'll also need an auxiliary power supply most likely and definitely a PRM (polarity reversal module) to activate all the sounders when any sensor is tripped.

If this will be the sole means of fire detection, make sure your design is approved by the AHJ  (authority having jurisdiction).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:37:18 AM by AlarmMike »
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

cfdff86

• View Profile
Re: Fire Zone Question
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:15:38 AM »
Any of the major brands out there will do the job.  DSC and Honeywell are the most common with support easily found.  You can go with 4-wire sensors but you'll also need an auxiliary power supply most likely and definitely a PRM (polarity reversal module) to activate all the sounders when any sensor is tripped.

If this will be the sole means of fire detection, make sure your design is approved by the AHJ  (authority having jurisdiction).

Thanks for the quick response in terms of the PRM, if I wire all the detectors to a single PRM at the end of the loop will it cause a trouble signal on the panel?

Edit: I answered my own question by looking at the installation instructions for the Vista21IP.  Using 2 PRM's, one for each zone with sounders and an alarm relay board.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:48:24 AM by cfdff86 »