Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

158 Guests, 1 User
su_A_ve

Author Topic: 242: AC FAIL K9-85MCW Sensor  (Read 1321 times)

tcmac

• View Profile
242: AC FAIL K9-85MCW Sensor
« on: June 17, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »
First time poster, but I have read as much info on this site as I could.  I have a PowerMaxPro 211GSM system, version JS702063 C15.014.  I have had it for 5 years and had relatively good experience until lately.

I have a K9-85 MCW sensor (my zone 4) that continues to send a "AC FAIL" message.  I have replaced the battery in the unit, unenrolled-reenrolledhe sensor, reset the main panel both regular power and battery power and can't get the error to stop.  It will go away for an hour or so and then come back.

I am not aware of any lighting issues.

AC must be an abbreviation for something else since this us a wireless, DC powered sensor.

I was hoping to not have to buy a new one...

Any help would be appreciated.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 242: AC FAIL K9-85MCW Sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
No, I think the Visonic text "AC FAIL" means to say that line power is/was lost.  It does for my system.

I get that message when my house power fails.  But I ALSO get the message from my wireless siren, which DOES have AC power plugged in - the line monitoring circuit in the siren seems to be broken.

Yours is not the first report of K9-89 MCW reporting "AC FAIL", either - I've never gotten it, but there have been 2-3 posts in the past 3-4 years.  I don't think the device was ever fixed.  Fortunately a replacement is not yet impossible.

Estefania

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »
Want to know more about where these spaces can be found?

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
really?  You're not probing to see if this is a good place to post spam?

Why do spammers pick on these forums so much?

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »
Not nearly as bad as it had been.  I cleaned up the members list several months ago and implemented several EU triggers to block new users from key countries.  Now I'm to the point of reviewing new signups several times a day to delete the spammers (95%) that appear on the StopForumSpam website.  Some still pass through however and I take care of them as they crop up.  It was easy once I determined their country's common email provider TLD's.  But some set up gmail accounts or just put in bogus information that defeat the front line ban triggers.

I've been watching this user since they signed up and wrote two similar posts that are not outright spams.

Just think back to the quantity of Russian spams we used to get.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:44:08 PM by AlarmMike »
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:41:32 PM »
Mike, I appreciate the work you put into keeping this forum working.  One other forum--I forget its name before LiveWatch took it over and then didn't moderate or supervise it (as far as I was ever able to tell) became almost useless because of the threads getting buried in SPAM.

I am one of the very few who continued to check in there for desperate souls in need, but if I couldn't solve a problem with one simple post, I usually referred them here or one other site where spam is controlled. It was a relief when LiveWatch recently (and finally) closed that forum.

Again, that made me appreciate the work you do.  I hope the other forum members appreciate you moderators as much as I do.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »
yeah I did not mean to complain.  It is definitely better now than years past.  There is/was something about these forums that attracted them.

Your mention of Russian spam reminds me that our relatively-open society is under attack by smartass and possibly state-actor Russian trolls.   They are not friends to US.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:09:50 PM by twisted »