Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

130 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: What I like about this forum:  (Read 1623 times)

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
What I like about this forum:
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:10:36 PM »
Hey friends, new and old.  I promise that I do occasionally pop onto this old forum here, admittedly not as much as I used to.  I do still thing, "man, I've really got to pop onto the forum and see what's new!".   Still a community!

I've been a member since 2005, and a moderator for ten of those 12 years.

What I like about this forum is, we have true pros on here.  It was easy to jump onboard with the facebook-based security groups but very quickly had my fill of it with peoples' egos and company bashing.  One member would post a picture of his/her work and a dozen other tradespeople were ready to nitpick and critique about stuff they forgot, like bushings for knockouts, etc.  When I talked about my company, a member made a reference to my company being cheap and I went on a rant and deleted myself from that mess.  I like it here.  People are cool and not flaunting their egos.   And we still have enough visitors that there is always a flow of information.  And, well, some of us have also been on here for a decade!  I remember names like MmmDee and Security Monitor.

Hope everybody is wiring well.  Keep the questions coming.

~ Dan / Magnum Alert
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:13:04 PM by Magnum Alert »
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.