Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

142 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: MA1000e w/ RP1054e error code  (Read 1119 times)

dj444

• View Profile
MA1000e w/ RP1054e error code
« on: September 03, 2017, 05:47:24 AM »
Today after a power outage, my system showed this code - it is 0 with it's bottom right vertical leg missing. The system had a steady tone (same one you get when entering an alarmed house), but it wouldn't go away. I tried holding 9 and few other things I found online.  fire/trouble light was on. Nothing was flashing and no other lights were on. I had to disconnect the battery to have it go away.

Any idea what this code is?
Thanks!

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: MA1000e w/ RP1054e error code
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:03:43 AM »
That's an older system but generally pretty bulletproof.  I've seen 1008e panels take lightning hits so badly that components are blown off of the circuit board, and they keep working.

It wasn't three dashes on top of each other, was it?  that means it's in programming mode.

Try powering down for a few minutes, then back up.  If that doesn't help, the system is done.  You could probably find another 1000e board online somewhere, but those are a different animal to program.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

dj444

• View Profile
Re: MA1000e w/ RP1054e error code
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! After power came back, I plugged in battery first and I got no. 8 on the display but no tone. Connected the power and it is working now. I ordered a new battery as the old one is now 15 years old!

Good to know that this panel is built to last :)

It wasn't three dashes, just a zero with a missing leg. hopefully it had something to do with battery being old.