Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

114 Guests, 1 User
tickDauct

Author Topic: Low battery AC  (Read 178 times)

micheal

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Low battery AC
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:19:14 PM »
I have a LYNXR/LYNXR-EN showing Low battery AC and the battery is still new?How this could be possible?

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: Low battery AC
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:27:46 PM »
Is the battery brand new?  Like, was it previously showing the BAT indicator and you just installed a new battery?  If that's the case, that BAT will stay there until it does another battery check.  Could be a few hours, could be a day.  You might be able to manually trigger a battery test by entering your code then 5/test.  That works on Vista panels, but I'm not sure about the Lynx.

Is it showing BAT by itself, or with any other numbers?  If it says "BAT 02", that's a transmitter battery.

There isn't a real accurate way to test those battery packs.  You could unplug the lynx transformer and see if the backup battery powers the system.  If it powers down right away, then the battery pack is bad.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

drummer007

• View Profile
    • DIY Wireless Home Security and Automation Products
Re: Low battery AC
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
I was under the impression the Lynx does a regular load test which at some point would trigger a low-bat as the battery pack ages.  Would be great to understand how to really "test" these batteries.  I've had a few over the years that seem to fail much earlier than expected.