Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

110 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Supervisory mode erro  (Read 54 times)

rrc_alarm

• View Profile
Supervisory mode erro
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
Hi Experts,

I have this intermittent problem, that I'm unable to diagnose further.

Basically, every few weeks, my NEO2164 starts beeping. The diagnostic error that the keypad shows is "module supervision keypad"

My configuration is:

- NEO2164
- 3 zone expander cards (for a total of 32 zones)
- 29 contacts
- 2 motion detectors
- 3 keypads (1 of them is the LCD version)

I tried to disconnect different keypads and run the system, however the error shows up still every few weeks.
The clear the error, all I have to do is shut off the system (i.e. remove AC and battery) and turn it on again. Then this goes for a few more weeks.

One issue I encountered during first install was that if I added all the 3 zone expanders and keypads in one go, I could get the system to get in supervisory error mode within a few minutes. To get around this issue, I had to do this:

- Install all keypads + basic zone with 8 zones
- Then add one zone expander
- Go through the sequence of auto enrol and verification
- Repeat the process for the other zone expanders

I'm planning to do a firmware update tomorrow with DLS5 for the entire system.

Any other thoughts on this are greatly appreciated?

Thanks.
RR

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Supervisory mode erro
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:44:36 AM »
Check all your wire terminations on the BUS, at the keypads AND at the panel.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

securitydude123

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:42 AM »
RRC_ALARM,

Hey, I have left you some instructions on firmware updates on your other post. The DSC neo up until i believe 6 months ago has had many bugs and issues with its keypads and firmware... especially the touchscreen keypad. The error that has been happening is what you mention "Supervisory Trouble" that always leads to not being able to find the cause. There is a mapping issue in the programming and it causes the panel to have issues with its accessories. The first install i ever did with neo was with a 8 zone expander, wireless tranciever, and two touchscreen keypads. The supervisory only came on randomly causing the customer to become very upset and since it was so periodic i could never find the route. The only fix is firmware updates... Anything prior to V1.3 should be updated. most panels from 2015 use 1.12 but V1.2 should fix the errors, V1.3 had a few more updates on that. Let me know what happens, and as stated the instructions are in your other post

cheers,
"Don't be a prisoner of your own style"

rrc_alarm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
Thank you so much for the suggestions securitydude123 and AlarmMike.

AlarmMike, I did mess with the wiring to check and also tried disconnecting and reconnecting different combinations of keypads and accessories. The error still persists.

securitydude123, since none of the organic methods worked, that's why I started exploring firmware updates and thank you so much for confirming that this is a known symptom.

I'll revert back with updates once I go through this.