Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

127 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Delay receiving signals at central station  (Read 147 times)

MHS11112016

• View Profile
Delay receiving signals at central station
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »
What would cause a major delay (2-4 minutes) in signals being received by a Central Station after Telguard has finished transmitting (evident by the lights no longer flashing on the Telguard Unit).  Signal strength is 2.0 and higher.  15 second dialer delay, 30-45 seconds for the Telguard to start and finish Dialing, 2-4 minutes sometimes even longer until the Central Station gets the signal. 

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Delay receiving signals at central station
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
Well, there are several unknowns here.  I'd say there's a good chance they are receiving them in a timely manner, but based on the priority level of the type of signal, handling may be delayed.  Fire and panic will be handled before AC fail or Low battery.  I'd check with the central station.
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:54:55 AM »
Abort delay also only applies to burglary alarms.  Do you have a butt set to listen to the call go through?  I've seen some DSC radios have issues on some panels where signals aren't transmitted without many retries.   In one case, it was a DSC Maxsys 4020 and my suspected cause was the panel didn't like the kissoff tone that came through, and the communication wasn't successful until it made several calls.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

securitydude123

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:05:47 AM »
Are you just trying to communicate with telgaurd? or do you have a landline set as your primary? This may be far fetched but if you have an old landline wired into your tip and ring and it has been "disconnected" but still has voltage on it, and you installed a telgaurd backup then you will not receive coms for at least 3 tries on tele before switch over. unless you program it to not delay and do only one attempt on each.
"Don't be a prisoner of your own style"